The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR P10 28mm-300mm . . . . Images

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I have just received this camera. I also have a GRD and GX-200 and have always been a Ricoh fan.

So far, I'm not disappointed

Keith

bbodine9

Are these converted from raw or ooc jpeg? How is the noise so far? The colors seem quite real and not oversaturated. Thanks for posting and let us know how it performs in various scenarios ie indoors etc.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Are these converted from raw or ooc jpeg? How is the noise so far? The colors seem quite real and not oversaturated. Thanks for posting and let us know how it performs in various scenarios ie indoors etc.
They are all raw images processed in Lightroom 3

Keith

Joan

Hi Keith, just got this camera, too, and am very happy so far. I think the raw files have a very pleasing "grain" and am not at all bothered by the noise. I'm using the ACDSeePro trial version to process for the moment, am going to download Lightroom 3 next to see if I like it any better. The camera sure is a sturdy little guy and I love the LCD and EVF, just super!

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Hi Keith, just got this camera, too, and am very happy so far. I think the raw files have a very pleasing "grain" and am not at all bothered by the noise. I'm using the ACDSeePro trial version to process for the moment, am going to download Lightroom 3 next to see if I like it any better. The camera sure is a sturdy little guy and I love the LCD and EVF, just super!
Joan - glad you are liking it. Ricoh makes the best user interface bar none. Which lens will you buy next?

Anyone who wants to see what this camera is capable of should look at the South African series on Dpreview

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/r...oh-gxr-p10-28-300mm-preview-samples/slideshow

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Here is a shot using the DR mode, which combines two images at different exposures into one.

ISO 3200, 1/1150s, f7.4, 5.4mm - - hand held

Keith

jminor

Hey! Your not supposed to be able to do those handheld ;)
Very nice photo's Keith. The colors in the second shot are beautiful. I was considering picking up a GRD III, but may have to re-think that now. My GRD I is still working like a champ so maybe a GXR/P10 is in my future....

bbodine9

Keith,

The exif data shows ISO 3200, is that correct? It looks promising, have you printed any yet?

Thanks and please keep posting different file types!

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Keith,

The exif data shows ISO 3200, is that correct? It looks promising, have you printed any yet?

Thanks and please keep posting different file types!
bbodine9 - yes that is at ISO 3200

Here is a DR jpeg (I have worked it over in LL3 as I don't normally take jpegs - and haven't set up the camera to my liking)
These are just taken by setting the cam to scene mode,then DR and shooting. It puts you into high iso, as you can see. When I get more time, I'll play around with it.

Keith

ISO 3200, 1/1600s, f7.4, 5.4mm

Joan

Lots of nice detail there, Keith! Curious, you like the Topaz Denoise better than what can be achieved in in LR3?

Joan

Ah, thanks for that, Keith, I hadn't read it. The Topaz results are clearly way better, wow!! Will put that on my list of software needs for sure.

jminor

Wow, Keith, these are very nice photos. I was considering a GRD III as my GRD I is a bit long in the tooth and although I baby my gear, one day it may cease to function. Now I have to take a long hard look at the P10. It's funny, but there aren't many fans of the S10 unit. Is the P10 that much better??? Anyway thanks to your fine pictures and others too, I have to reconsider my options. A quick question before I go, have you used the snap function with the P10?
Thanks,
John

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Wow, Keith, these are very nice photos. I was considering a GRD III as my GRD I is a bit long in the tooth and although I baby my gear, one day it may cease to function. Now I have to take a long hard look at the P10. It's funny, but there aren't many fans of the S10 unit. Is the P10 that much better??? Anyway thanks to your fine pictures and others too, I have to reconsider my options. A quick question before I go, have you used the snap function with the P10?
Thanks,
John
No John, I haven't used snap mode, but I'll give it a try. I'm really enjoying this camera and hope to have the A12 soon.

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Keith.
That is Wickedly good.
Thanks Derek. I love this camera, good size, good weight, good feel - and the pleasure of removing that lensor to stuff in another is exciting.

It's an ideal travel camera, where you need short and long range in a small package, but know that you can get in a larger sensor for the more serious stuff. I'm worried that this may take over from my m4/3 system, but until Ricoh introduces a m4/3 mount for the GXR that won't happen

Does anyone else have some images to show from this camera - I know Joan has one?

Keith