The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

London Town

N

ntrolls

What a nice surprise, this is the corner around where I study (KCL). I think I also like the middle one.

Will, I also have a fascination with cranes, at leas a subconscious one, since I do have loads of photos of them. Will try and pick some to post. Like the DP1 crane photo a lot.

Here is one of the photos I posted at the beginning of the thread. Admittedly the PP was c**p, way too dark. Here are two more versions (the first is the original one)? Any preference or suggestions?

Vid
Here's one I took at Canary Wharf yesterday after mild cropping.

sizifo

What a nice surprise, this is the corner around where I study (KCL). I think I also like the middle one.

Here's one I took at Canary Wharf yesterday after mild cropping.

Really. I did my phd at King's. What do you study, if you don't mind me asking?

The blue in your photo is very characteristic of London. Must say Canary Wharf is one area of London I don't know at all. Been there maybe twice.

Here's a photo of a mega crane near Harrods (sorry, not small sensor).

N

ntrolls

Really. I did my phd at King's. What do you study, if you don't mind me asking?
PhD in computer science - except I seriously lack the mathematical rigour that is necessary to become a scientist, so I prefer the "software engineer" hat :)

Here's one from Somerset House.

I don't know what it is, but this picture never looks level no matter how I rotate it...

D

Daz Tazer

i was down in London at the weekend for the League Two play off final at Wembley.

here's wembley way, with some Stockport County fans in the foreground.

N

ntrolls

A construction crane in Aldwych. B&W from GX-100 with texture-mapping.

I always find it mildly surprising that London's skyline contains so many construction cranes. I used to think this was a very old city, not changing much. That was a wrong impression!

sizifo

A construction crane in Aldwych. B&W from GX-100 with texture-mapping.

I always find it mildly surprising that London's skyline contains so many construction cranes. I used to think this was a very old city, not changing much. That was a wrong impression!
Definitely!

N

ntrolls

Thanks, Will!

Sizifo, were you standing on top of something when you took the Harrods mega-crane shot? The perspective is very interesting (as well as the tones of colours).

Will

View looking from the new london assembly building (the one affectionately known as Kens T-------e, but perhaps now it will have to be Boris' b-----k?)

GX100

N

ntrolls

Fantastic! I just came back from "The Scoop" :) Is the building open to the public? This is such a nice view!

Will

Not sure if the public can get to the balcony I took the picture from. I was there for the Urban Design Compendium launch, so I could wander around looking at the views.
Funny coincidence that you were there the day I posted the image though.

Will

They are great Maggie. Looks like the technique is to do a Judo throw on a girl and then she is won over lol

pollobarca

Nice pictures, first one like a lot. Typical drunk english people. I think the
Wright Bros Oyster and Porter house had something to do with the dancing.:LOL:

Maggie O

Nice pictures, first one like a lot. Typical drunk english people. I think the
Wright Bros Oyster and Porter house had something to do with the dancing.:LOL:
Either that or the Wine Wharf! (across the street from the "Bankside" sign) :bugeyes::D