The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Japan

ShiroKuro

2 Weeks in Japan .....I brought along a Ricoh GRD 2, GR1 s and Leica M6 .

On the Grd2 have been using the GW-1 with the GV-1 finder ..... This lens is awesome !! Did not realize how much I would enjoy this lens.... I am on my way to becoming a wide angle junkie .....
I also purchased the GT-1 but not really feeling it ....
The M6 has not gotten much use and the Ricoh GR1s is fast becoming my favorite camera ..... absolutely amazing ...

and now some pics .......

P

PeterLeyssens

Hi,

Great stuff ! Japan is an endless source of inspiration. So are noodle shops, with all the steam and pots and cooks. Makes me ask why I'm here and not there at the moment ! My favourite is the man with the hat staring at the tower. Great composition.

Your processing seems pretty much Mitch Alland inspired. I was also considering that style, but honestly, it's starting to feel a bit gimicky to me. When I get my GX-100, I'll experiment a bit and see what I come up with.

Peter.

sizifo

I agree that it's very Mitch/Moriyama inspired PP, but the photos are great. Especially the last two. You really have a great eye for capturing split second moments.

ShiroKuro

Thanks for all your comments ... ; )
Moriyama ? lol .... He is a Genius, I am a fool with a digital camera ... huge difference

Though I will be going to the Moriyama Daido photo exhibit at the Tokyo Museum of Photography today ......called "Hawaii"

Mitch Alland ....I like what he does with images though not sure of his process ... I use
Lightroom and PSCS3..... and very quickly degrade my files into what you see here .
I think he tends to take more time than I do which is why he gets better results .Not sure I would say I am inspired by anyone ..... it has all been done before .. I just do what I like and hopefully in time I will develop a sense of style that is my own ....
I would rather make great or even good images than be be really good at photoshop
Alright off to drain some batteries : )

P

PeterLeyssens

Hi,

3 very strong images. That condom, ouch. And the Tibet protest guy... The swastika with the Chinese star on it come out very strongly in the way you've processed the photo.

Of course, I wasn't saying that your way of processing isn't good. Particularly in the latest 3 photos, it works really well. I just started playing around with the GIMP, I'm looking forward to finding my own look. As I like to be contrary, my first attempts will probably be away from that style, trying to find something light and radiating. :)

Peter.

ShiroKuro

Peter I have been thinking about what you are saying ..... and I appreciate your honest comments ... keep being contrary ; ).... I changed the processing a bit ...

Terry

I an so enjoying your work! Ojisan is just an amazing shot and the reflection in his glasses is wonderful.

I also like your processing. Trying to work on my B&W skills and I think I'm too timid about using full black.

Thanks for sharing I like looking at your posts and another favorite is "which bikini"