The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Spooks - your morning mammal

Don Ellis

Perhaps more interesting than the animal this time is the quilt -- I thought you might like seeing something other than the yellow one he's usually on. This is perhaps the most valuable of the family quilts -- a Double Wedding Ring pattern, if you're interested.

I posted a story and photos of four quilts here... if you're really interested.

Cheers from the two of us,
Don

P.S. I've got tell you my sister would freak out if she knew he'd laid a paw on this quilt... so let's keep it to ourselves.

otumay

Don, thank you for sharing this emotional, moving and expertly told story and needless to say, the accompanying photos. I'm not sure which are more interesting; Spooks or the quilts, the first one now a character on his own and his episodes, while the rest strike a familiar chord and makes us reminisce on our past, so dear to each and every one of us.

Don Ellis

Very kind, very thoughtful observations.. thank you for that.

In the quilt story I linked to, I mentioned a Kirby vacuum cleaner that has been in the family forever. I went back and found the photos for it in case you'd like to see a classic piece of household machinery.

otumay

Wonderful! My mother had a dried-rose colored Hoover, which looked slightly more modern than your dad's vacuum cleaner.