The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sunday blues

Joan

and a few other colors. :) My only available digital camera right now is my little Panansonic TZ3, so out we went to the park. Very high contrast day when I first got there

View attachment 4508

I was hoping to get some magnolia pictures, but the rain storms we've had the past few days wiped them out. Fortunately there were other flowers blooming:

View attachment 4505

View attachment 4506

View attachment 4507

For a P&S with no manual controls, I think this little camera does a darned good job. I did a little cropping and adjusted levels in Aperture. Haven't fully got the hang of it yet, but I'm working on it.

C&C very welcome, thanks for taking a look!

View attachment 4509

otumay

Breathtaking! My sincere congratulations. Especially the second shot (Pink flower) is incredible...
Osman

Joan

Thank you Paul, Lili, and Osman. How kind of you all! I know there are plenty of people who find flower pictures pretty boring, but I just can't seem to help myself ... :D Here are a couple more from yesterday:

View attachment 4545

View attachment 4546

If only they'd put a viewfinder and at least an Aperture priority mode (and RAW!) the TZ3 would be a perfect P&S for my needs. I do manage to ruin quite a lot of shots due to camera shake, even with the "Mega OIS." An add-on EVF like teh GX-100's would help me a lot.

Last edited:

DavidE

Joan, I'm not bored with flower pictures. Keep 'em coming.

My favorite is the first one from your most recent post. I like the way the composition seems to open up for the seedling caught on the leaf. The variety of greens tones and flashes of purple and blue also make it a favorite, though I like them all.

Joan

Thanks, David and Bertie. These were taken at Dorothy B. Oven Park here in Tallahassee, Florida USA. :) It's a small estate that was left to the city by Mrs. Oven where there are several acres of lovely gardens. Every time I go there is something blooming at its peak.
The hydrangeas and agapanthus were the most beautiful on Sunday. Most of the day lilies were pooped out, but I did like the pink one above because it was so "curly." I'll have to try again in another couple of weeks, there were a lot of plants that were just starting to bud. Hope to have my Digilux 2 back by then!

Terry

Hey,
Sorry I missed this before...second shot in the original post I feel like I could just reach in and touch the texture of that flower. You know I have a serious soft spot for the TZ3!!!!

helenhill

Certainly NOTHIN to be BLUE about
Just Divine Joan
Flower Heaven.......
best, H

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Joan these look really nice and doing a nice job. If i could throw in a teaching tip, the park shots look a little contrasty . in Aperture which I don't have you can open the shadows just a touch to give you a better balance.

Joan

Hey,
Sorry I missed this before...second shot in the original post I feel like I could just reach in and touch the texture of that flower. You know I have a serious soft spot for the TZ3!!!!
:) Yep, the little Tizzy is hard to beat for what it does. I still need to make an adapter for it to try the Raynox lenses. You got such great results doing that, I need to give it a whirl. Thanks, Terry.

Joan

Joan these look really nice and doing a nice job. If i could throw in a teaching tip, the park shots look a little contrasty . in Aperture which I don't have you can open the shadows just a touch to give you a better balance.
Thank you, Guy. I appreciate the tip. I did try to open up the shadows somewhat, will have to keep at it to see if I can get these to look better. My first attempts to do that made everything look a little gray and blech. I'm sure I just need practice.

Joan

Thanks, Cindy! I hope to hear something from Leica about it soon, not sure if they'll repair or replace it with another one.

Joan

Here's another one with shadows brought up a bit more in Aperture

View attachment 4658

Does this look any better? To me, it looks horrible once uploaded, but looks pretty good within Aperture itself. :confused: I'm in the sRGB color space, so not sure what's going on. Does this upload process apply some kind of extra sharpening?

Probably these jpegs are just not the best for any extensive processing.