The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Just got Fuji S100FS

K

Kevin_b1

Not sure if this is the correct forum but it is a small sensor camera so I thought I would say just purchased it today. So tonight will charge battery read the instruction book and put it through its paces around the house.

Going to a garden show this coming weekend so will give it its first real outing.

Keep you posted on what I find, if it's half as good as some of the forum resposes on DPReview then I am in for a treat.

regards

Kevin

Lili

Not sure if this is the correct forum but it is a small sensor camera so I thought I would say just purchased it today. So tonight will charge battery read the instruction book and put it through its paces around the house.

Going to a garden show this coming weekend so will give it its first real outing.

Keep you posted on what I find, if it's half as good as some of the forum resposes on DPReview then I am in for a treat.

regards

Kevin
Kevin, I use my S600fd a lot and love it, so I'm VERY interested in your results!
And since it is a small sensor camera, I don't see why it shouldn't be mentioned here :)

Joan

Me, too! I'd love to see your sample pics and hear how you get on with your new Fuji, Kevin. It seems like it should be a great travel camera and all-rounder.

K

Kevin_b1

Sorry been to busy to get out, did some test shots in the garden which looked good.

The menu system is ok to use, I have managed to get my Metz CL45 working with it but my Canon 580 EX will not work.

The film simulation options work well, but much more to come backed up with photos.

Tomorrow I am off to a large garden estate so will have plenty to show on Sunday:D

Regards
Kevin

K

Kevin_b1

Sorry for the delay, selection of photo's from today :D

Thanks

Kevin

Lili

Kevin,
Very nice colors, excellent sharpness!
What are the wicker-loking things by the hedge?
Did you shoot at full reslution?

K

Kevin_b1

Hi Lili

Yes the shots where at full resolution, the downsizing does not do them justice, the camera was set to Film Simulation Velvia so the colours are nice.

There was a whicker display of all sorts of items not sure what the ones in the picture are, but there was also giant toadstools, mushrooms and various other things.

Weather was nice so it was ok, but today back to good old UK weather pouring of rain.

Some more photos below.

regards

Kevin

Joan

Kevon,
Looks like your new camera is a winner! Love the iris shots and the Japanese garden, bonsai especially. Good job.