Me too...

Subscriber Member Streetshooter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Dashboard Troops

Me three......

D upton-Hackett.

And little old me. cracking shot what are the chances of seeing that again lovely.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you one, two, three and four (and you're right, four, what are the odds of seeing that again -- so I'll never have a chance to try the polarizer).

Looking at another shot, I see they're naked. (Nearly full-size image, by the way.)

Post Thanks / Like

And a chuckle from me. I wonder what they are. Evidently a collection because I pinched them up on my Ipad for a very close look and every single one is a bit different from the others if its only a change of color in their hats ( see second row behind right wiper blade with the mouse hats on and only the colors of the ears, etc are different). What a neat catch and actually the reflections lend context IMO.

tokengirl

Fantastic!

D upton-Hackett.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Ellis View Post
    Thank you one, two, three and four (and you're right, four, what are the odds of seeing that again -- so I'll never have a chance to try the polarizer).

Looking at another shot, I see they're naked. (Nearly full-size image, by the way.)
    Jeeps where is the photo sensor person

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diane B View Post
    And a chuckle from me. I wonder what they are. Evidently a collection because I pinched them up on my Ipad for a very close look and every single one is a bit different from the others if its only a change of color in their hats ( see second row behind right wiper blade with the mouse hats on and only the colors of the ears, etc are different). What a neat catch and actually the reflections lend context IMO.
    Hi Diane... I waited to answer until I could find out more about them. I naturally assumed they were Japanese -- they're crazy for these sorts of things. And apparently they are... theses are modern take on Kewpies -- so I should probably have named this photo Dashboard Dolls.

Here's a link to some of them. At US$6.96 each, that dashboard had about $370 worth of Kewpies. Impressive.

Thanks for your nice comments. I do like the reflections in the windshield -- I was lucky it was a sunny day with some interesting clouds.

Don