The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic LX5

AlterMann

Hi there,

I guess there is a whole bunch of forum-members interested in the new version of the once LX3. So am I.

I wonder what you think about the video-capabilities of the new LX5. I found a sample in the web that looks quite horrible regarding the "smear-effects" appearing left side of the video.
Is anybody out there having personal LX5-experience already?

http://img.photographyblog.com/revi.../sample_images/panasonic_lumix_dmc_lx5_01.mov

Greetings to all readers!

AlterMann

Addition:
I apologize my lousy english - what I meant with "smear-effects" is the appearance of "banding" which seems to be extremely high.

Terry

Clearly there is something going on in that video. In the past I've seen the pink lines in video when there is a really strong light source in the frame completely blowing the exposure (the sun). In this case if you look at the pink lines they are all coming from the blown specular highlights in the water. Not sure what is going on with the green streaks. I haven't read their review of the camera what did they say? If nothing why not send them an email.

I know the review at dcresource.com can't be far off because the sample gallery has already been posted.