The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic LX5 quick ISO test

bradhusick

This is very promising. I got my LX5 last night. This comparison was shot at 90mm, f/3.3, RAW. The left side at base ISO 80, the right at ISO 1600. I applied noise reduction and sharpening in Lightroom 3.2 to get what I think were the best compromises. The ISO 80 shot has slight motion blur due to the 1/15sec exposure.

I am very pleased with the usefulness of the ISO 1600 shot. Higher ISO than that I feel the images are not usable. These are 100% crops. The black and white is even closer in usefulness.

Last edited:

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Your right, it looks very promising.
So, how do you like the changes to the camera? Anything special with the interface?
How does it focus in low light?
Sorry about the questions but I sold the LX3 because of the above issues.
I'm thinking about this one but still not sure.....

bradhusick

So far it seems to do everything better. Not much experience with low light focusing yet. Love the option for step-zoom (24,28,35,50,70,90). Love the play button instead of the slider switch. Grip is improved. Wheel on back is a little stiff and hard to get the proper friction on it. Zoom-resume and focus-resume are handy (showed up in late release of firmware for LX3). More soon...

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Thanks,
I guess they figured out the step zoom from the Ricoh crew.
That's a great feature.
Waiting on some more and then I'll bite the bullet.