The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Finepix x100

les

Surely the most appealing new camera announcement in a long long time. It sounds perfect, hopefully it will perform, and be priced no higher than just about on the high side of reasonable.

Lisa

I was quite excited about it until I saw the part about having a fixed prime lens only. Sorry, I really need a zoom the way I work. Put a relatively wide-range zoom on it and I'd get excited then!

Lisa

Someone said their mouth watered, mine literally dropped.

@ Lisa, I can respect that coming from someone in these forums but there are plenty of us that wouldn't have had that lens any other way.

Super excited for this camera, let's hope it doesn't disappoint too much.

busch63

Interesting Surprise this X100! (sounds like 100x better than Leica´s x1?)

Most interesting for me is the Hybrid-Viewer - bet this will be not the last one of this new species on the market in future.

Unless the sensorless prototype on the photokina is not too far away from the real series all other expectations of this little big compact camera need to be satisfied soon - not just for the "watered mouth" peoples:D