The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More GRD2 fun

nostatic

I like it. Can't wait to try that as I love shooting available low light. The DLux3 only goes to 800 and can look ugly sometimes even at that.

ShiroKuro

Fun stuff Terry ...really like the one with the boy on the bench... the high iso shots look great ... true about the light ...can really make a difference if it is not quite right . Have you ever experimented with the flash with high iso ? The flash on the Grd2 is great with the flash compensation you can back off on the flash just enough .... I have been using it more often in shots that are at high iso and are destined for Black and white .... looks quite natural and the light is not as hit and miss .... I really like the effect .

ecliffordsmith

Hi Terry,

Lovely light as you say. I was in NYC a few weeks ago and you are making we want to go back already!

Nice 1600 shots. I too have found this ISO a bit hit and miss but you cannot argue with the form factor of the camera.

Will

This series is really good. I particularly like the man on the benches, and the city sky line is beautiful.

Terry

Fun stuff Terry ...really like the one with the boy on the bench... the high iso shots look great ... true about the light ...can really make a difference if it is not quite right . Have you ever experimented with the flash with high iso ? The flash on the Grd2 is great with the flash compensation you can back off on the flash just enough .... I have been using it more often in shots that are at high iso and are destined for Black and white .... looks quite natural and the light is not as hit and miss .... I really like the effect .
I am going to play some more with flash this weekend. When is San Juan we mounted the small Leica SF24D flash on the camera and were playing with it that way. I tend not to use flash too much when out with friends. I can get away with taking pictures because with no flash it isn't quite so annoying to them.

Terry

Thanks all. These shots are fun to take. I won't lie, I still like doing the low light shots like this with M8 and 50 lux but the amount of cooperative time I get from friends is lower than when I am clicking away with the GRD2.

Joan

Wonderful shots, Terry. Gorgeous light on the first one, my FAVE for sure. :thumbup: for the great candids, too, just amazing at iso 1600.