The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

F31 vs F100 - ISO Comparison

P

Prognathous

A friend lent me his Fuji F100 for a few hours, enough to make a short comparison test with my F31. Here's a page with the results:

http://imapnet.com/boren/F31vsF100/

Test methodology is of course not at the level of dpreview (how do they manage to zoom those lenses so accurately?), but hopefully the result is still useful.

I prefer to refrain from commenting on the results of the first test at this stage. I'll let you guys be the judge ;)

Prog.

Terry

Interesting work. I have an F20 but I never use it because I could never warm up to the Fuji interface. I guess you won't be selling your F30 any time soon.:D

P

Prognathous

Interesting work. I have an F20 but I never use it because I could never warm up to the Fuji interface. I guess you won't be selling your F30 any time soon.:D

If you think the F20 interface is lacking, you should try the F100. It's really contrived. It's as if the keep messing up their cameras to give buyers a reason to buy the next model. Personally, I'm not going to upgrade unless they come up with something really special. I'm only using the F31 for low-light work and video clips. The GX8 handles most of the rest (though my DSLR's get used here and there too).

Prog.

Lili

If you think the F20 interface is lacking, you should try the F100. It's really contrived. It's as if the keep messing up their cameras to give buyers a reason to buy the next model. Personally, I'm not going to upgrade unless they come up with something really special. I'm only using the F31 for low-light work and video clips. The GX8 handles most of the rest (though my DSLR's get used here and there too).

Prog.
Prog. wonderfull little comparison!
It just reinforced my decision to avoid the F100.
The F30/31's are great little cameras indeed.
Just lacking in some controls, like sharpening.
I gave my F31fd to my best friend for her birthday and got the S6000fd when it was on close-out at Wolf Camera.
It has the same sensor in the bridgecam body with a very good 28-300 efl zoom and a full set of image controls (save contrast).
Those 6mp Super HR CCD sensors were and are something else!

Lisa

Thanks very much for doing the test! I was thinking about getting the F100 to replace my F30, but, between the worse noise characteristics and the removal of some key features, I've decided to hang onto my F30 for now.

Lisa