The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Up Close and Personal with the GRD2 (macros)

Terry

Got out to my house in Arizona late last night. Woke up to gloomy stormy weather this morning (of course when it has just turned beautiful in NY :rolleyes:). At one point between showers the light got really nice and when I looked outside I saw a flower on my favorite cactus. It is called an Argentine Giant - the flowers are HUGE 8" in diameter and they only last for a day (seriously first opening at night and dead the next night). Last spring I made a ton of pictures of them however I was devastated that I had to leave town when there were 27 buds ready to open a day later. Well this is really late in the season for one to bloom but the GRD2 was handy. These are all shot on Macro mode. The first shot is full frame NO cropping the second one has a minimal crop!

On the other hand these flowers are probably about 1/2 wide....these colors are accurate and the two different purples are from 2 different bushes

clay stewart

I like the B@W best, me thinks. Yeah, strange weather, here in AZ. lately. I got snowed on yesterday and it's a rain/snow mix as I write this. Have fun in the desert.

Joan

Wow, another vote for the B&W one! :salute:
All are lovely, but that one is a cracker!

Terry

Thanks!
I am excited to do a good sized print of the B&W version. It picks up the texture so nicely. Converted in Lightroom with a methodology Jack taught us in San Juan.

Will

Thanks!
I am excited to do a good sized print of the B&W version. It picks up the texture so nicely. Converted in Lightroom with a methodology Jack taught us in San Juan.
Well that methodology has resulted in a beautifully balanced B&W, but it needed the skill to capture such a great image to work with in the first place!

Nicely done Terry!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well folks i am impressed. Terry is in town and over my house and we just printed the flower in B&W . You should see the detail from this GRDII . We printed it 17x22 on my Epson 3800.

helenhill

Terry
You're giving Georgia o'Keefe (if she were alive) a run for her Money
Such Delicacy & Detail

Best -H:clap:

Last edited: