The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Dad's Recovery

otumay

Dear friends,

I've been absent from this forum for over a fortnight. My father had a serious brain condition and was hospitalized for 17 days, three of which were spent in intensive care and one particular nightmarish night in deep coma. Thankfully, The Old Blue Eyes is home now, convalescing among his loved ones, and his famous heart-winning smile is back on his lips.

Although I was unable to respond to your wonderful posts and discussions, I was by no means away from them; during the darkest times, I found solace by tiptoeing into this haven. It is impossible for me to name those of you who posted those magnificent shots, I loved each and everyone of them.

I want to thank you all for... well just being what you are. I shall now post a single shot. I know this does not qualify here; though it was taken with a Ricoh GR-DII, it has serious technical flaws, but it shows my dad with his neurologist just before he left for home.

Best regards from Istanbul,

Osman

kweide

Osman

my best wishes to you, your family and your Dad. i hope he gets well very soon ... !

regards
Klaus

Don Ellis

Great to hear from you Osman, and to know your dad is doing well. One of the things I like about this forum is the camaraderie -- you know you're thought of even if you're not here ... maybe especially if you're not here. Glad you're back. Glad Dad's back. :)

cam

all the best, Osman, to you and your dad.

and, of course, it your pic belongs here! technical flaws be damned -- you caught the moment and that's what counts!

truly wish Old Blue Eyes a speedy recovery.

D

D upton-Hackett.

Osman.
wondered why you had gone AWL
Wish your farther a speedy recovery.

les

Osman,

I can only re-iterate all that's been said above. All the best, and good health to you and yours.

Les

Martin S

Best wishes for speedy and complete recovery for your father, and some stress relief for you, and your family.

Martin

cam

Osman,

i've found the photo in other forums -- could you post it in this thread for those that missed it?

ibcj

Osman - What a wonderful photo, showing your father's strength. I'm sure he has been through a great deal, yet he still manages to smile. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your father.

cam

so, Osman, who has the bigger crush on who?

and it is a wonderful photo, by the way, no need for you to apologise for technical flaws. it's got life and breath and heart -- what more do you need?