The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First winter snow in Kinson Bournemouth.

• Thread starter D upton-Hackett.
  • Start date
D

D upton-Hackett.

took a walk along the river Stour where i live with my DP2, popped off a few shots just 2 for you here.
Snow is rare down this way.

Last edited:

Martin S

Judging by the detail in the tree branches, the DP2 is recording a lot of detail.

Makes me think about the DP2S even with its foibles.

Martin

Last edited:

mazor

hello, what do you mean by "recoding" of the detail?

Do you mean it looks post processed? over sharpened?

MAzor

Martin S

See my revised, and spelling corrected post.

I meant to say that the Foveon sensor seems to be recording a lot of detail.

I don't know how much, or little post-processing has been applied.

Judging from other posts showing Foveon based images, I would say that little, if any, pp has been applied.

Sorry if my spelling error caused any confusion.

Martin

mazor

ah yes, Foveon is indeed a very nice technology. Speed up the AF on the DP2 and it will be a formidable camera

mazor

Tim

Derek,

Good work, love the first one. Have you tried Silkypix for PP the DP2 images. It handles them now I believe. I must give it the trial a try sometime.

D

D upton-Hackett.

Mazor.
My pics have been CROPPED and very LITTLE midtone added in Elements 6. That is all. pics are 10.6mb Tiffs.

May i ask have you experience of the DP2.

seaton.

mazor

no not much experience with the DP2, except from playing with them in the shops. Focus worked well for static subjects well.

Was seriously thinking of getting one, but in the end got a Nex 5 for portable quality point & shooter

Mazor

D

D upton-Hackett.

Derek,

Good work, love the first one. Have you tried Silkypix for PP the DP2 images. It handles them now I believe. I must give it the trial a try sometime.
Tim.

no but if its not expensive may try.