The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Indian Movie Poster

Don Ellis

It's been awhile since I've said hello ... this weekend I've spent some time going through some old photos (and being reminded that I should probably quit shooting and start processing -- but it's much more fun to shoot).

Sigma DP2, ISO200, f/2.8, 1/6 sec.

Cheers,
Don

mazor

nice pic! Do you capture images in Raw? If so, maybe it may be beneficial to capture in both raw and jpg if theres an option in your camera. Some cameras let you tweak the jpg in camera to suit your scene, like yellow tinting, vivid colours, black and white with colour filters, etc. Then when you get home, you already have a desired final image, plus if you want to at a later stge you can post process the raw as well

mazor

Don Ellis

very nice, don. and i agree, it's more fun to shoot than process (and better exercise).
Thanks, Wayne. I finally put enough storage on my main computer that I was able to transfer all my photos from external hard disks to the computer -- which made it easier to look through them all. Even with just a random peek, I was amazed how many "sets" of images have never been touched -- not just the occasional photo, but entire series of trips we've made. Oh, well, something to do in my later life. :)

Cheers,
Don

Don Ellis

nice pic! Do you capture images in Raw? If so, maybe it may be beneficial to capture in both raw and jpg if theres an option in your camera. Some cameras let you tweak the jpg in camera to suit your scene, like yellow tinting, vivid colours, black and white with colour filters, etc. Then when you get home, you already have a desired final image, plus if you want to at a later stge you can post process the raw as well.
Thanks for the comment and the thought, mazor. I always shoot in RAW ... and if the camera allows RAW+JPG, I use that, but I only use the JPG for preview purposes on the computer to see if the RAW image is worth working on. If I want to do any tweaking, I do it in Photoshop.

Cheers,
Don

ustein

Contributing Editor
It's been awhile since I've said hello ... this weekend I've spent some time going through some old photos (and being reminded that I should probably quit shooting and start processing -- but it's much more fun to shoot).

Sigma DP2, ISO200, f/2.8, 1/6 sec.

Cheers,
Don
Excellent.

Don Ellis

Thanks, Uwe ... considering the high regard I hold your own photography in, that's quite a compliment. You wouldn't think that a Bollywood poster and three bikes would be worth much, but with the afternoon sun slanting in, it caught my eye immediately.

Cheers,
Don

ustein

Contributing Editor
Thanks, Uwe ... considering the high regard I hold your own photography in, that's quite a compliment. You wouldn't think that a Bollywood poster and three bikes would be worth much, but with the afternoon sun slanting in, it caught my eye immediately.

Cheers,
Don
I think it is just perfect.

Don Ellis

Hi Lili ... I got too busy to come back and see your message until now. Thank you for your nice comment. At 1/6th of a second, I was happy to see it come out at all. :)

D

D upton-Hackett.

That gives me something to aim for. just love those colours and 1/6th Wow.