The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Freemon Sunset

helenhill

Love it.......People with their signs....He needs a Meagaphone :ROTFL:
You should ADD that to the 'POPE' series I did / would Compliment it nicely
Wonderful

Best-H:)

Lili

Love it.......People with their signs....He needs a Meagaphone :ROTFL:
You should ADD that to the 'POPE' series I did / would Compliment it nicely
Wonderful

Thank you Helen, I may add that as you suggest.
In the meantime, still going through my shots from Sin City, here is one from the the flight home;

DavidE

Lili, I really like the flight home photo. Excellent composition and tonal gradation. You must have found the only clean, unscratched window.

It does take a second or two to get your bearings. If you're not used to the perspective of a wide angle lens, you might assume you were seated somewhere outside the plane.

Lili

Lili, I really like the flight home photo. Excellent composition and tonal gradation. You must have found the only clean, unscratched window.

It does take a second or two to get your bearings. If you're not used to the perspective of a wide angle lens, you might assume you were seated somewhere outside the plane.
Thank you David :)
I saw this shot coming up and cleaned the window as best I could (you can still see some mottling in the upper right hand sky) Since we passed very close (by airliner standards) to this small and mature (you could look down and see the base literally raining itself out but there was too much distrtion through the window to catch that) storm cloud I had but one chance to get the shot I wanted, so I set my GRD to lowest contrast, -0.7ev and infinity focus.
I liked the results but they were a touch flatter than I liked so I did some PP, upping the contrast just a bit using Picnik on flickr.

helenhill

TRES FAB
Quite Beautiful
Great Advertisement for the Airlines....'Come Fly With Me'
Soft, Smooth & Inviting
UNLIKE Plane Travel today

sizifo

Lili, your photos are getting seriously good, IMHO. The plane, the sunset, the traffic cones in the other thread...

Lili

TRES FAB
Quite Beautiful
Great Advertisement for the Airlines....'Come Fly With Me'
Soft, Smooth & Inviting
UNLIKE Plane Travel today

Awesome stuff Lili!
Lili, your photos are getting seriously good, IMHO. The plane, the sunset, the traffic cones in the other thread...

Helen, thank you! I just managed to stay sane by looking out the window and listening to MP3's ;)

Thanks Player :)

sizifio, high praise indeed, thanks so much :)