The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GRD I Forum

T

tucker

OK Mark and Mitch - now you've done it.

My wife wants your names and addresses to pay you both a visit.

I placed an order for the GRD + Creative Kit today and after I left the house the shop rang to discuss the order.

Sadly, I had forgotten to tell my wife about my new camera from Tucker to Tucker.

She is now demanding to spend a similar amount on shoes before Christmas.

Thanks guys. Thanks a lot ;)

M

Mark Turney

You made me laugh tucker. I'll be in a similar situation if the Sigma DP-1 ever arrives...especially if it's just past the New Year. My 15 year wedding anniversary is Jan 9th, so I hope the DP-1 is released much after that. Get some brownie-points with a good anniversary present first; then I should be OK for a new toy ... ;-)

Maggie O

Judging from the last announcement from the head of Sigma, I don't think we'll see the Dp-1 until next Spring or Summer, at the earliest. It kind of sounded like they were starting over from scratch.

M

Mitch Alland

OK Mark and Mitch - now you've done it.

My wife wants your names and addresses to pay you both a visit.

I placed an order for the GRD + Creative Kit today and after I left the house the shop rang to discuss the order.

Sadly, I had forgotten to tell my wife about my new camera from Tucker to Tucker.

She is now demanding to spend a similar amount on shoes before Christmas.

Thanks guys. Thanks a lot ;)
When she comes I'll hide in the bathroom so she can discuss shoes and handbags with my wife.

—Mitch/Bangkok
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10268776@N00/

M

mlpowell

Mitch, are you shooting your GRD-1 in RAW or JPG?

In RAW, do you find the buffer speed (or lack thereof) to be much of an impediment?

M

Mitch Alland

I'm shooting the GRD in RAW, and, of course the 14 second wrote time is very long, but I generally don't need to shoot shots in quick succession — so it's a matter of philosophy or psychology, or just plain patience, which becomes difficult after shooting with the GRD2.

—Mitch/Bangkok
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10268776@N00/

E

ellemand

The tower in the sun;-))

some have been asking for colour-pics - from this summers holiday.
Have a nice weekend.

Elllemand.

thomasl.se

I'm shooting the GRD in RAW, and, of course the 14 second wrote time is very long
It sure is a long 14s, Mitch. Get your 8s with Lexar 133x; RAW+N640. Or 4s on 2 GRDs (don't remember now but I think it was two Olympic P&S Alex Majoli used in switch mode to halve the sluggish RAW write time.

Thomas

W

wbrandsma

don't remember now but I think it was two Olympic P&S Alex Majoli used in switch mode to halve the sluggish RAW write time.
As far as I know Majoli didn't use RAW on his Oly cam's, but jepgs instead. I have a Olympus as wel, an older C4000z, and the write times for jpegs are almost 5 seconds. His switch mode was switching between to cameras.

O

orliekim

i have the M8 for the best part of the year now and wanted a pocketable small sensor camera..had the grd1 for a few weeks now and love it!
here a shot I posted on the other site...by the way I messed up in registering, on the Lieca forum I am andym911...:eek:

L

LFPhoto

I love hwo your captured the reflection in the puddle... Brian.

O

orliekim

Brian thanks for the comment..and one more color shot for the day.

andy

T

tucker

You made me laugh tucker. I'll be in a similar situation if the Sigma DP-1 ever arrives...especially if it's just past the New Year. My 15 year wedding anniversary is Jan 9th, so I hope the DP-1 is released much after that. Get some brownie-points with a good anniversary present first; then I should be OK for a new toy ... ;-)
Well the GRD has arrived and it is really great - I love it already. Happy New Year Mark.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
i have the M8 for the best part of the year now and wanted a pocketable small sensor camera..had the grd1 for a few weeks now and love it!
here a shot I posted on the other site...by the way I messed up in registering, on the Lieca forum I am andym911...:eek:
If you want to fix that let me know I can change it . Just send me the current name and what you want it to be and password and i can make that change. Just send me a PM