The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GRD I Forum

cam

your last pic reminded me of another huge (if silly) difference between the GRD and the GRDII. the original is a dog magnet! i had to get the initial shot right and immediate or i'd have a snout up my lens. the auto focus obviously has some high frequency they're attracted to.

fantastic photos, everybody! it makes me happy i was able to pick up my GRD and start shooting with it again. although i have a GRDII as well, it has been missed!

O

orliekim

Re: JPEG or RAW?

Hi all,

Normally I shoot only RAW with my Digital cameras..M8 and Canon.

Recently however I tried shooting straight JPEG B&W and am really surprised with the out of camera quality.

Just made a few prints in 10x8 and I find them excellent, tonal range, good blacks etc.

Do you also shoot JPEG or work with RAW on the GRD....just curious?

thanks

Andy

Lili

Orlekim,
I have almost always shot JPEG
In fact a major reason I got my GRD was the degree of in-camera image control even in JPEG.
I have only very recently started experimenting with RAW, in the GRD and my K100D.

Ellemand,
Very nice B&W street work!

Cam,
I've not noticed if the GRD draws dogs or not, will have to experiment :)

E

ellemand

Hi out there.

It's been a while, since I've uploaded a GRD-picture - so here you are:

Cheers
Ellemand.

E

ellemand

It's pay-time...

No one else with GRD-pics..?

Cheers
Ellemand.

V

VladimirV

This is my first post but I've been following this forum for a while.
Good to see a forum with very informative and most important very civilized discussions. :thumbs:

Here's a color GRD picture, who says small sensor cameras have a limited dynamic range :). This is a jpg from the camera where I just aplied 10/10 in the Shadow/Highlight tool in PS CS3. If I would use the RAW file I am sure I could get more out of it.