The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GX100

W

wbrandsma

Thanks for sharing. I loved the phrase "Almost like a Leica equivalent"!

But have you made up your mind about the GX100?

T

The End Of Print

yeah i think im going to go for the GX100, just been trying to find the best price i can.

fotosense.co.uk
has a good deal £479
for the GX100 + viewfinder, DW6 Wide lens, HA2 Hood, SC45 case, BD60 Spare battery, GS1 strap, Extreme III card.

im not that fussed for the viewfinder though and thats a lot of money to sell out.

im thinking about getting just the GX100 from jessops.co.uk which have it for £269
and just get a Extreme III card. then purchase the lens and hood in the future from elsewhere (jessops dont have any in stock and have been struggling to source them).

The reason i'm thinking about getting it from jessops is that i live 5 mins from the store and if anything goes wrong with the camera i can just take it back there rather than sending it back to a shop somewhere else in the uk or whatever.

W

wbrandsma

I fully agree on the viewfinder. I know some how really love it, but so far I have no regrets not buying it. Maybe I will look for an optical viewfinder, unless the DP1 will be selling out too.

pollobarca

Yesterday I used the evf all morning.Light was very strange and the LCD was not easily viewed.I took about 400 pictures of Cheerleaders jumping.
Without the viewfinder i couldnt have got through the morning.
I also found myself using the optical viewfinder on my olyc5050z,the light was that strong and white.

There are times the EVF is really good to have.This was one.
Also as it folds out you can do things like shoot sideways,overhead etc.
If you can get the EVF bundled its a bargain.Bit less if you buy it seperately.

b rgds

paul

BTW wouter the Horse pic is lovely!

Last edited:
W

wbrandsma

Thanks Paul. I am thinking about buying a Voigtländer CV28. Has anyone experience with this viewfinder?

Had a long weekend and pretty good weather.

jonoslack

The reason i'm thinking about getting it from jessops is that i live 5 mins from the store and if anything goes wrong with the camera i can just take it back there rather than sending it back to a shop somewhere else in the uk or whatever.
Robert White

Because it's a real camera store with real expertise and real people . . . and their prices aren't bad either.

Robert Campbell

How do I insert these in post?
At least two ways:

1. Upload them to Flickr or Imageshack or whatever - file hosting sites, then copy and paste the URL [it tells you which to use for forums].

2. 'Go Advanced' here, look down under 'Additional Options' for 'Attach files', click, then use it to browse your computer for the pix. This will 'attach' them to your message.

There are size limitations for attaching files - it tells you the maximum sizes in kb and the pixel dimensions for jpgs etc.

Faststone has a very simple and easy to use resizer for 800 by 600 pix for use here [and it's free, though donations are encouraged]. Big files can be very slow to load - and there are still those who don't have broadband.

helenhill

Wouter

Those landscape shots ....On the Mark, Lovely
You certainly have the range of tonality down
Best, Helen

Joan

You all are so great with these B&W conversions!! Love the horse and landscapes, Wouter, terrific tones.

Antara, really like #1 a lot, good expression and perspective.

pollobarca

Lovely Pictures again Wouter-favourite of these is the pond but the last pic is marvellous too.
Antara- I cant get these results in BnW . I must be doing something wrong.Like the skinny girl picture.

From me cheerleaders bouncing , straight from the GX100 Jpeg with a little cropping.

P

pcheywood

Another picture from Bangkok, this time from Sukhumvit Road, and shot from the hip.

Sorry about the quality (may have to replace it). I prepared the image for starting a photosharing account, but it seems to have lost sharpness and bite since uploading?

Would that be normal, and should I be be approaching PP in a different manner for upload at that site?

Paul.

W

wbrandsma

Thank you Cindy and Lili for the reply. I will avoid using mascara, Lili :LOL: And yes Cam, it will look awesome on a DP1 too. I know you wo: uld love to!!

Thank you Helen, Joan, and Paul for your comments.

@Antara: I fully agree with Joan. The first photo is fantastic. I think the perspective is great, and there is still a feel of symmetry because of the reflection in the table.

@Paul (pollobarca): Great image and perfectly timed. That sky certainly has that beautiful Ricoh blue. Excellent composition.

@Paul: Thanks for sharing your photograph. I think it is very good in combination to the grainy feel. What ISO did you use? Looks great in B&W. For getting the feel of sharpness you could do an extra sharpening after you resized the photo for webpublishing.

antara

Thanks, Joan, Paul and Wouter for you comments.
Paul, just to let you know a little about this B&W shot.
ISO 80, sat securely on the table for the perspective, and so she wouldn't notice! EV -0.7 , Ap 8.1, Shutter 1 sec.
These are not my normal settings for an indoor shot, but I'm sure it contributed to the clarity of the image. In PS, Curves and a little dodging and burning to accent her face and the reflection. It was a lucky shot, because I was being very sly and snapping away trying to be invisible.
Antara