The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GX100

helenhill

FABULOUS Kevin

Love the Sense of Tonality.......
Any Tweaking Done ?

Silly Question here but are you the same 'Kevin' in CT....:ROTFL:
Congrats on the GX 100
Cheers ! H

kevin

Hi Helen, yes, it's me! Looking forward to the Skopar! :D

Nothing fancy here, just selective burning, dodging and sharpening.

Joan

Nice ones, Kevin. Love the frog, he is so nifty tucked in there. Beautiful conversions.

Welcome aboard! :)

W

wbrandsma

What a fantastic photographs to jump aboard Kevin! Welcome here and keep on posting more photographs from the GX100.

Ricoh GX100, f4.6, 1/35 sec, ISO 100, -0.7 EV

Ricoh GX100, f6.5, 1/750 sec, ISO 80, -0.3 EV

Ricoh GX100, f4.1, 1/950 sec, ISO 80, -0.3 EV

Ricoh GX100, f4.1, 1/950 sec, ISO 80, -0.3 EV

W

wbrandsma

Thanks to the North Sea we can enjoy beautiful cloud formations here in the Netherlands.

Ricoh GX100, f5.7, 1/1400 sec, ISO 80, -0.3 EV

Ricoh GX100, f3.6, 1/1000 sec, ISO 80, 0.0 EV

Ricoh GX100, f4.6, 1/1400 sec, ISO 80, -0.3 EV

K

Kiri

GX100 in low light conditions

I'm just wondering if any of the GX100 users here have any tips for using this camera in low light conditions?
I find that to get a reasonably sharp shot I have to keep the shutter speed fairly high, and so have to compensate by raising the ISO to 800. Unfortunately that does often introduce quite a lot of noise into the image...

Does anyone here have any good strategies when shooting or in post processing to get clear images with minimum noise in low light situations?

thanks

P

praktinafan

@kiri: I would use a good stand, ISO 80, long shutter time, remote release or timer. And RAW, of course.

W

wbrandsma

Despite the press release of the GX200 the GX100 remains an excellent camera in my opinion.

Ricoh GX100, f4.6, 1/1150 sec, ISO 80, +0.3 EV

Ricoh GX100, f4.8, 1/850 sec, ISO 80, -1.0 EV

W

wbrandsma

Oh no, not again! :banghead: Last night I spotted a dust particle again in the lens of my GX100. The third time within a year :angry: And Ricoh already replaced the lens assembly twice!

I really hope they have improved the GX200.

Will

Wouter I don't think it is a speck of dust, I think it's a spark of genius. That picture if the digitalis is pure genius!

W

wbrandsma

Hi Will,
Thank you on the remarks on the photograph of the Digitalis. Unfortunately it is really true about the dust.

Will

Really like them sunboon. Especially the clouds and the old pipes coming out of the water. Excellent B&W.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,
I thought I would revive this thread as it has slipped too far down the pop charts for my liking!
I took my GX100 out for another walk recently, fitted for the first time with a 19mm. lens.
The decisive moment occurred as I was crossing a railway bridge just before an old steam train was due. I shot on continuous mode and got 44 shots from the time the last carriage passed under the far distant bridge to the time it passed beneath me. (Each shot 1/133 sec. @ f4.6.) It all made an interesting little slide show, tho' in retrospect I should have had the sound mode on for the hoot of whistle and hiss of steam.
For your delectation I have nostalgicised! the most relevant shot in iPhoto with the sepia and blurred edges of yesteryear. Poetry in motion!
C & C always welcome.
Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,
A couple of days ago I went back in time and photographed a venerable old steam train. Tonight I came back up to date and visited outer space.
Here is a 3 minute exposure of the International Space Station passing over Bath, U.K. at 00.40 hrs. BST July 21st.
Taken with the increasingly wonderful GX100 with 19mm. lens!
Gandolfi.

Last edited:

Will

Gandolfi, what an amazingly different subject! I often satellite watch with my children but I have never thought of photographing them. It worked really well. Some beautiful deep blues in there and I love the splash of colour the tree makes.