The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Olympus XZ-1 Samples

Paratom

Hi all,
I am on a 2 week vacation trip with the xz1 (and the M9) and first impressions of the xz1 are quit good.
The user interface works fine for me - not too complicated, fast acces to most functions.
Few things I dont understand, one of them auto iso which doesnt seem to work in a usefull way (no big problem).
This seems the first camera were jpegs come out very well, maybe even better than raw (in PS).
So far I have used it mostly without the EVF (size reasons) but the display seems to work fine for me (in most cases).
I enjoy the camera quite a bit. Some days I even left the M9 at home.
My Notebook here sucks color wise so I cant make my final decision on IQ yet, but I am positive.
The fast lens, the user interface with the ring at the lens, the out of camera color, the overall user interface all look good.
Thanks again and I hope to be able to post some images soon.
Tom

A

Allan Ostling

The view from my balcony in Ahwatukee, a Phoenix neighborhood. Developed in Lightroom from RAW copied as DNG.

B

Bamamike

Hi Allan,
at this time Photoshop didn't have the raw-converter for the cam. So I had to go the jpg way. With a now working raw-converter the noise reduction is less and the detail loss is getting better. This camera produces great jpgs, however, you cannot switch off the noise reduction, shame on Olympus.
But part of the soft image is my size reduction, too.

When I look at your photo, I see people with no faces. This is evidence that the smearing of fine detail is still a problem with the XZ-1.

Can somebody point me to some ORF files? I'd like to try them in Lightroom to see if RAW is the answer.

MPK2010

Looking back over the past few years, I keep coming back to shots with this camera. Easy to get caught up in sensor size and the latest technology, but I really like how this camera handles the light.

Lili

Looking back over the past few years, I keep coming back to shots with this camera. Easy to get caught up in sensor size and the latest technology, but I really like how this camera handles the light.

Lovely image and I totally agree with the sentiment.

Lili

One from mine, still love thi camera, though now I find I use my Nexus 6 or Nokia 808 more....