The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Summer images thread

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All, Still feeling my way around posting pixels into cyberspace.
Here are a couple more taken during walks near Bath, U.K.
All my pics are with GX100.
Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Will. You are my first responder, and, of course, the first is always the most appreciated!! I am shooting jpegs at the moment (one step at a time) and my pics are straight out of camera with a modicum of manipulation courtesy of iPhoto!
My particular favourites on this thread are R000man's poppies and Neil Rea's barges.
Gandolfi.

D

Daz Tazer

watching Leonard Cohen at Glastonbury festival as the sun went down.

Ricoh GRD

Nigel Rea

Yesterday we spent a lovely afternoon in the gardens of Anglesey Abbey near Cambridge.

Discovered this talented statue putting the finishing touches to the clouds.

Nigel

Nigel Rea

"I am a sundial, and I make a botch
Of what is done far better by a watch"

This sundial at Anglesey Abbey seems to confirm this motto by Hilaire Belloc.

Any idea how you tell the time with this?

Nigel

Will

I like the cloud painter :)

And the light on your Swedish scene Palais.

Grass seed heads.
GRD2 Square setting.

S

slowbicycle

Hiya,
my first post, and here's a bit of summer foliage from my recent trip to Tokyo!
all shot with my trusty GRD.

P

Palais desSports

Swedish summer part 2. If you like cold and wet sailing: Go to Sweden!
Claus

les

Taken last November - but it was summer then down south of the Equator.
Boats make great subjects, and while I'd like to be able to take this shot all over again, I like the colours.
But in the nautical category, there's no question that Nigel's Barge Race is the stunner.

D-Lux 3

PS Looking at the post, in the upload process the image seems to have lost some of it's saturation and 'punch'. If anyone has any magic recipes for image posting maybe they could be added to the FAQ?

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
"I am a sundial, and I make a botch
Of what is done far better by a watch"

This sundial at Anglesey Abbey seems to confirm this motto by Hilaire Belloc.

Any idea how you tell the time with this?

Nigel
Nigel,
Your photo shows the east side of the sundial with a time scale from 4-11 am. On the opposite-west-side the scale runs from 1-8 pm. Judging by your photo you visited around mid-day when the sun was due south, causing a very oblique and inaccurate shadow to be cast (by the straight shadow at the bottom of the pedestal). The sundial is accurate to within 30 mins. of BST.
And before you start thinking what a clever chap I am, I e-mailed Anglesey Abbey and they kindly sent me the info!!
Gandolfi

bensonga

We haven't had much real summer weather here in the southcentral Alaska region (Anchorage) this year (mostly cloudy/raining and 55-65 degrees), but I just came back from a 10 day motorcycle trip with my wife in Washington & Oregon where it was sunny and 75-90 degrees every day.....woohoo!! I took a Canon G9 that I bought just a few days before the trip (replacing my G2). Here are a few pics. Sure felt good to feel the heat of the sun for a few days anyways. :)

Pics of the Oregon coast and my wife with her Ninja 650 (blue) and my ZR-7S.

So far, the G9 seems a pretty good replacement for my trusty G2.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Last edited: