The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Summer images thread

woodyspedden

Some lovely work here. Credit the photographers but the little GRD 2 and 100 really seem to get quality images from such a small sensor. Nice to know that you can travel with such a small lightweight kit and still bring home the goodies.

Woody

pollobarca

lili, the first shot is great - so many lines taking the eye in and around.
I must really try more BnW. but i'm never happy with my results. i hope i can get them as good as yours with practice.

b rgds

paul

Lili

Paul, thanks so much.
Hint, it was very very hazy so this image is the result of boosting contrast and pulling brightness just a bit :)

Lili

Thanks for the tip Lili

paul
Paul, glad to be of help. The Fuji, unlike my GRD, has little direct control over contrast, like many small sensor cameras, so I am shooting more RAW now and PP'ing more.It does help that with a fast Type H XD card the files write in under 4 seconds.

C

Chuck A

I am really enjoying the GX100. It is one of the best handling cameras that I have used. Here are some shots from the summer. Enjoy.

I have lots more under New Work on my website www.pbase.com/candrask

helenhill

OUTSTANDING SHOTS

makes my heart beat fast....Love it
Chuck
Arne
Lili
Pollobarca
Shirokiro
Will
Ntroll
Praktinafan

Best to You all
Helen :)

bensonga

OUTSTANDING SHOTS

makes my heart beat fast....Love it
Chuck
Arne
Lili
Pollobarca
Shirokiro
Will
Ntroll
Praktinafan

Best to You all
Helen :)
Disappointed that I didn't make the cut......how about this one? From my recent trip.....classic summer sight of seals sunning themselves on the Oregon coast. Wish I was there right now.

Canon G9.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

helenhill

We haven't had much real summer weather here in the southcentral Alaska region (Anchorage) this year (mostly cloudy/raining and 55-65 degrees), but I just came back from a 10 day motorcycle trip with my wife in Washington & Oregon where it was sunny and 75-90 degrees every day.....woohoo!! I took a Canon G9 that I bought just a few days before the trip (replacing my G2). Here are a few pics. Sure felt good to feel the heat of the sun for a few days anyways. :)

Pics of the Oregon coast and my wife with her Ninja 650 (blue) and my ZR-7S.

So far, the G9 seems a pretty good replacement for my trusty G2.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska
Oooops.Sorry Gary
My Faux Pas.....:(
Got lost in the names
Your first shot of the Alaska Coast is truly FANTASTIC

Best to You- H

bensonga

Oooops.Sorry Gary

Your first shot of the Alaska Coast is truly FANTASTIC

Best to You- H
Thanks Helen...I really needed some positive reinforcement today....work has been a major PIA. Wish I could be out taking photos instead. Retirement can't come soon enough. :)

By the way, I love your photos of NYC. I spent 3 days there for the first time in my life in 2005....OMG....wish I could live there for at least 6 months someday. What a GREAT place! I love city life....what the heck am I doing in Alaska!?!?!?!

Gary

P.S. I think my first photo in this thread was of the Oregon coast....the Alaska coast in my area of the world is basically a whole lot of mud flats....not so beautiful as Oregon.

ShiroKuro

lol .... Bensonga ,
I thought you were truly disappointed at with helen and posted an image of slugs .... then I realized they were seals ; ).... funny how the internet can be ...... as for positive reinforcement .... Truly fantastic images !!!... summer thread turned out to be a good one .....

Last edited:

helenhill

lol .... Bensonga ,
I thought you were truly disappointed at with helen and posted an image of slugs .... then I realized they were seals ; ).... funny how the internet can be ...... as for positive reinforcement .... Truly fantastic images !!!... summer thread turned out to be a good one .....
Thanx Charly.... You wicked Man with a Wicked Imagination:)
now I'm having slugs thrown at me ,ha :ROTFL::ROTFL:
cheers! H

sizifo

Thanx Charly.... You wicked Man with a Wicked Imagination:)
now I'm having slugs thrown at me ,ha :ROTFL::ROTFL:
cheers! H
I thought at the very first glance that it was a bunch of hippies in their sleeping bags, surprised by a freak wave. Seriously.

A

asabet

Great summery photos all, and another excellent thread idea! Gary, love the last shot of the seals!

Here's a look at our family summer. Not exactly a small sensor camera but a small camera all the same. E-420 & ZD 25/2.8: