The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

shots of a smoky sun

ecliffordsmith

Hi Wayne,

The IR shots are particulalry impressive. I have been in the far east for the past few weeks so have been happily disconnected but it is nice to come back and see the progress in this thread. I will have a good look at your pbase gallery when I get the chance.

Thanks for documenting this.

smokysun

hi ed,
good to have you back. thanks for the kind words. one thing i like about ir is the shots can be processed in so many ways. and the otherworldlyness that seems to come automatically with many of them.
best

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

our star

save the rain

valley

Last edited:

Lili

Wayne both kits lenses for my e410 and the S6000fd take 58mm, so one filter cane used for all! Sweet!
Bertie; thanks for the tip on the Oly ;)

smokysun

after days off, very warm up here. the weather forecasts keep changing. one minute they say no precip for ten days. the next day they say there's a 95% chance come halloween! the only sure thing, the skies will change on a dime.

elegant

vision in the woods

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. here are some wonderful photos of winter lookouts from the air: http://www.pbase.com/nolock/firelookouts

pss. the poet gary snyder made desolation lookout famous:

http://books.google.com/books?hl=en...a=X&oi=book_result&resnum=3&ct=result#PPP1,M1

Last edited:

helenhill

Quite trippy Fun.... Very surreal
Is this the Earth to come or the Earth that once was
love it, Wayne :clap:

Cheers!- h

Joan

Quite a series, Wayne - very cool stuff! I keep feeling like I'll see Sasquatch appear right behind you in one them. ;) Be careful out there.