The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

price check

back alley

admins, if this post is inappropriate feel free to delete it.

what is a grd in good shape going for these days?
i have one and am thinking of selling it as i never use it.

i know it's a great camera and i love the lens on it, but it's wasted if not used.

thanks.
joe

R

RobertE

Tony's price has dropped to $375. How much do you want for yours?

Durr
Tony's price for NOS is $399. He has an opened demo model for $375. A private seller should probably be happy getting a bit less than that. Should be an easy sell as it's still a well regarded camera. Good luck.

back alley

i'm not sure about price hence the question here.
mine is in very nice shape and it has the box etc.
but at too low a price it makes more sense to just hang onto it as it is a great pocket camera.
quite honestly i have doubts about selling it but then i'm not using it...

joe

kalex

Hey,

I recently sold mine for $285 including 2GB card and extra battery. not sure if you can get more than $300 for it, but anything is possible :)

I got GRDII and very happy with it

back alley

the plan is to hold on to it for now.
it's a fun little camera and also a quality camera that would be hard to replace for what i would get for it.
thanks folks,
joe

C

Chuck A

Back Alley,

Good to see you here. I haven't done much over at RFF for a while. I haven't been using film much. I hope that all is well with you.

back alley

return greetings as well.

i would be more into digital if a moderately priced rf was made. i still prefer a nice rangefinder.
the grd is a fine little machine but it gets left behind most of time.
too many cameras too little time.

joe

kalex

Funny. I actually ended selling my D300 and decided to keep GRDII. With my D300 and 17-55 2.8 lens, I left it at home most of the time and never got the shots i wanted. if i wanted to shoot it was a special outing. with GRDII i just throw it into a bag or clip it to my belt and its always with me. I had GRD for about a week, then got a good deal on GRDII, sold GRD, shot with both for little over a month. Took about 800 pics with them. It took me 6 months to shoot 300 pics with D300 :)

I love it. btw with little gv-2 viewfinder on it and snap focus mode, its like a little rangefinder

Alex