The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Small sensor camera

emendoz1

Hello, does anyone know of a small point and shoot type camera out that works like and slr? I mean a camera that I can set the aperture and f stop manually or at least one that can tell me after the shot what those settings are? I've never owned one so I'm kinda new to using one.

OlliL

I thing the best would be one of the Ricohs, at least those are the ones I know, that are quite similar to operate.

But if you only want aperture priority, most point shoot have that nowadays.

chmilar

There are plenty of pocket cameras that do what you describe. For example, my Canon S90 provides exposure modes like P (program mode, sets aperture and shutter), Av (aperture value, allows you to set aperture), Tv (time value, allow you to set shutter), M (manual, you set everything).

All pocket cameras will record the settings into the EXIF data in the file. Most should allow you to check the settings on the camera's display screen.

Pocket cameras are available in a wide range of prices and capabilities. You should narrow down your price range, lens type, etc. and then look for a model with specific features that you require.