Site Sponsors

Thread: Retailer in Seattle

ntrolls

Retailer in Seattle

This is not a photo thread, but I thought this forum may provide some good information. I am travelling to Seattle in a couple of weeks from London. With the current exchange rate, it makes a good shopping opportunity - and my wife is considering picking up either DP-1 or D-Lux 3 (really tough call here).

So, is there any good & reliable retailer shop in Seattle? I've checked a few webpages (Talls Camera and Kits Camera) but how are they in reality? Or will online/mail-order give me a better deal in general?

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Retailer in Seattle

Yes you can try http://www.glazerscamera.com/

Very nice folks and I purchased several expensive Leica lenses from them
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ntrolls View Post
    This is not a photo thread, but I thought this forum may provide some good information. I am travelling to Seattle in a couple of weeks from London. With the current exchange rate, it makes a good shopping opportunity - and my wife is considering picking up either DP-1 or D-Lux 3 (really tough call here).

So, is there any good & reliable retailer shop in Seattle? I've checked a few webpages (Talls Camera and Kits Camera) but how are they in reality? Or will online/mail-order give me a better deal in general?
    The d-lux3 is now 2 years old and is due for a refresh which supposedly is on the way for Photokina (I've read on other forums of folks being told by dealers that it is discontinued). I have also read that they are getting harder to find.

ntrolls

Thank you both. I'll check out the shop (although their webstore does not carry any Sigma). We're slightly leaning towards DP-1 now; I already own a Ricoh GX-100, so I think we can deal with the idiosyncrasies of DP-1 such as the limited macro ability.