The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

British Classic Cars

P

Palais desSports

Last Sunday Meeting European Owners Club in Saarbruecken Germany.
all pictures Canon Powershot G5

ecliffordsmith

Hi,

Nice series. I like the last image very much indeed. The framing and the spokes causes your eyes to dart all over the image.

Will

On second viewing i just noticed the blue car reflected in the British racing green of the MG (or is it an early Jaguar?). Very nice.

P

Palais desSports

Thanks for your comments. Will, the green car is a Jaguar "150", the reflected car is a Lotus from the sixties.
Claus

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,
Actually I thought the green car was a cross between a Jaguar and a Morris 1000! Great colour and lovely wire spoked wheels.
Something slightly more mundane- here is a pic of a 1960s Austin van photographed through the window of a quirky garage workshop in Oldfield Park, Bath, UK.
Ricoh GX100, as always. What a joyful toy it is!
Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

Just 3 cars.

Vauxhall Cresta- mid 50s.
Morris Minor- mid 50s.
Daimler Sovereign (I think). early 70s.

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Maybe the only thing that allows this to qualify in this refined company is that it's taken with a small sensor camera. :)

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Helen you gave me a segway to show off my car :D
The build date on this car was feb 1 1973 :-0
Sorry Brit car guys for hijacking the intent of the thread.
D2

View attachment 13129

Last edited:

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Helen - with what did you shoot that car? I like many of the qualities of that image.

mazor

I like the pics of the whole cars. Although the close up images of the parts of cars is artistic, I like to see the car as a whole.

MAzor

Will

Some lovely images of beautiful cars people.

Here is my contribution to bring it back on topic (though I love all the cars!)

A real mini, not one of those BMW fakes (very nice cars they are as well though)

I love how small the mini looks next to the lorry!

GRD1 Taken yesterday.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

They don't come any more classic than this.
Aston Martin DBR1, winner of the 'Vingt quatres heure du Mans" 1959. Driven by Carroll Shelby and Roy Salvadori. Taken at Retro Car Show yesterday with LX3.

Cheers,
Gandolfi.

Last edited: