The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Back to the GRDI

sizifo

Now that my grdII is at the menders, getting a speck of dust removed from under its lens, I've been carrying the GRD1 around.

Must say, I've forgotten how awesome it's colors are. Here are a few.

Nos. 1 & 3 are snapshots from a bicycle.

sizifo

Thanks. Was just looking at my photos, and realized that I either have very fluid stuff, like the 1st, or very static sort of 2d compositions, like the last. But not very much in between. Interesting, at least for me :)

I couldn't part with the GRDI, even though I really needed to sell it in order to get the II. Both are great though. Just couldn't let go of the I because it really is a very special camera.

Before I never shot the raw with it until now (all of the above are raw), and somehow assumed that the look is due to the jpeg engine. But it's not.

On the technical side, I do notice a lot of minuses with it: a lot more noise, the raw files can be pushed a lot less, bad flash. The 12 sec raw write can be fun though, as it forces the shots to be a lot more deliberate.