The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LX3 is here!!??

Photon-hunter

New Summicron f2 24-60 lens, 10Mp sensor with new Venus IV engine (YES!!), hotshoe for external flash and two new C1 & C2 (custom functions like in Ricoh´s compacts) in the mode dial!!

See for yourself here.

Best, Erik.

Last edited:

Terry

The picture may not be real but the camera is. See DPReview for the full press release.

Terry

Well after reading all the specs they have ticked a lot of boxes but are totally silent on RAW speed or buffer which is odd.

Ok just went to the Panny site 3 shot RAW burst!!

Photon-hunter

I received a link to that picture on saturday and posted it this morning. Just a little while after i posted it becale official!

Erik

jonoslack

Ho Hum
Looks lovely doesn't it, the sensor would appear to be the same size as that on the GX-100.
I'd expect there to be a Leica version of this as well.

Terry

Ho Hum
Looks lovely doesn't it, the sensor would appear to be the same size as that on the GX-100.
I'd expect there to be a Leica version of this as well.
I'm still holding out for a CL but will give Panny credit for listening. Also a link to the panny site show a nice little half case and neck strap no long just one loop for the wrist. Every bit of the wish list from the posts after the D-lux3 was announced have been incorporated so now it comes down to IQ.

Photon-hunter

External accesory optical viewfinder, custom settings in the mode dial,well, it seems like Panasonic bought a subscription to Sean Reid´s review site...:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

jonoslack

Hi There
Pixel density will work out at 25 - same as LX2 and GX100
(sensor is same size as LX2 as far as I can see).
Not much of a shake up for Sigma! (pixel density is 1.6!!!)

Still, sensor design has come on in the last couple of years, so let's hope for the best.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I see that it can play music with the slide show: "Just select the pictures you want to show and choose the mood that best matches your selection from natural, slow, urban or swing, and you'll get an emotion-filled slideshow with a variety of slide change effects and matching music without any annoying adjustments."

That means that I don't have to sing while showing photos, right? That does it for me. Where can I buy one?

Ok, ok... looks like a great little camera, and the leather casing is just too sweet :D
I would have liked a lens shade though...

Terry

Actually,
The pixel density might be slightly lower than the old model. The 10.1mp is at the 4:3 aspect ratio. At 16:9 I think it is actually only 8.8mp (3968x2232). The LX2 was 10mp at 16:9 (4224x2376).

P

praktinafan

I think the the optical viewfinder "DMW-VF1" will be a must-have for my GX100 :)

Lili

The lens is fast at both ends, f2.0-2.8
*swoon*
AND they brag about lowering pixel density
I hope they do well, end the MP WARS!!!!

jonoslack

The lens is fast at both ends, f2.0-2.8
*swoon*
AND they brag about lowering pixel density
I hope they do well, end the MP WARS!!!!
Absolutely . . . as long as I can have my 24mp low noise sensor in a body the size of the OM1 :ROTFL::ROTFL:

H

Hypnohare

It sure looks nice, but I really wish it had a better user interface for manual photography. In other words they can keep the same specs, but the controls could of had the ISO Knob (like the Canon G9), a focus wheel (like the Sigma DP-1) and the Iris wheel and the Shutter Speed lever (like the Ricoh GR-II).

It seems most manufacturers try to dumb down user interface of their pocket cameras. Can't they realize that the real market for these expensive, high-end pocket cameras are the advanced photographers, many of whom are used to manual controls on their DSLRs?

Levent

www.flickr.com/photos/16699882@N07/

A

asabet

The lens is the real news here IMO. Two full stops faster than the DP1 should and more than a stop faster at the long end than any other currently produced compact, plus the inclusion of OIS, should make this the best compact around for low light. In good light, I doubt it will come close to the tonality and dynamic range of the DP1. However, back to that lens... The last time Leica allowed a lens to be called "DC Vario Summicron" was the Digilux 2/Panasonic LC1. That was a superb lens, so I have very high hopes for this one. Good for Panasonic, deciding to limit zoom range to 2.5x to maximize lens speed and quality!

Terry

Acccoring to the press release in addition to the 4 sets of custom setttings, you will be able to customize at least one button (hopefully more) on the back of the camera. This might give you the control access you are looking for.

It sure looks nice, but I really wish it had a better user interface for manual photography. In other words they can keep the same specs, but the controls could of had the ISO Knob (like the Canon G9), a focus wheel (like the Sigma DP-1) and the Iris wheel and the Shutter Speed lever (like the Ricoh GR-II).

It seems most manufacturers try to dumb down user interface of their pocket cameras. Can't they realize that the real market for these expensive, high-end pocket cameras are the advanced photographers, many of whom are used to manual controls on their DSLRs?

Levent

www.flickr.com/photos/16699882@N07/

jonoslack

The lens is the real news here IMO. Two full stops faster than the DP1 should and more than a stop faster at the long end than any other currently produced compact, plus the inclusion of OIS, should make this the best compact around for low light. In good light, I doubt it will come close to the tonality and dynamic range of the DP1. However, back to that lens... The last time Leica allowed a lens to be called "DC Vario Summicron" was the Digilux 2/Panasonic LC1. That was a superb lens, so I have very high hopes for this one. Good for Panasonic, deciding to limit zoom range to 2.5x to maximize lens speed and quality!
Thank you Amin
I hadn't thought this aspect through properly. It sounds quite exciting.