The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shallow Depth of Field

les

Great stuff - results like this have me thinking seriously about an Olympus, and the last time I did that I finally decided on a Pentax ME Super. All proving that quite clearly I don't buy a new camera every month.....

Lili

Great stuff - results like this have me thinking seriously about an Olympus, and the last time I did that I finally decided on a Pentax ME Super. All proving that quite clearly I don't buy a new camera every month.....
Thanks Les, sadly it appears I do buy a new camera every month or 2 ;)

rayyan

Lili, a lovely capture.

I, too, am searching for a small cam ( for me ) and am interested in your response to Kit.

Best.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
I bit the bullet and bought the finder, too; like so many here, a camera is not a camera without a finder, and I know that one is good (I bought one for my brother's Oly, one of the PEN lookalikes).

Does Richard Franiac make a grip for this, or is it not necessary? Cheers, Lill!

Lili

I bit the bullet and bought the finder, too; like so many here, a camera is not a camera without a finder, and I know that one is good (I bought one for my brother's Oly, one of the PEN lookalikes).

Does Richard Franiac make a grip for this, or is it not necessary? Cheers, Lill!
God choice Kit, Richard does make a grip, I have and like it a lot.
Camera is less slippy ;)

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Hello Lili

I just ordered one. Are you shooing raw, or fine jpegs? I am just shooting jpegs now—for fun!

cheers, KL

Lili

Hello Lili

I just ordered one. Are you shooing raw, or fine jpegs? I am just shooting jpegs now—for fun!

cheers, KL
Kim, I shoot RAW only, the jpeg engine is good but over ISO 320 the Noise Reduction takes too much fine detail.
I simply convert in the included Olympus Viewer 2, turning off NR then post process in SilkyPix.

Terry

Yes Lili I do like the fact that this fast lens does give some depth of field control. These were just some test shots but..... XZ-1 macros

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Pretty good for a P&S! That super macro mode is wonderful, and unexpected, I must say.

And, Lili, I can do the same and open in C1Pro or Aperture. Do you do any work in Oly Viewer 2? Good tip.

Lili

Pretty good for a P&S! That super macro mode is wonderful, and unexpected, I must say.

And, Lili, I can do the same and open in C1Pro or Aperture. Do you do any work in Oly Viewer 2? Good tip.
Kim, I simply convert to jpeg in the included Olympus Viewer 2, turning off NR then post process in SilkyPix.

Last edited:

Lili

ISO 400, RAW conversion using SilkyPix, instead of the Olympus Viewer 2. More Noise/grain but I like the bite of the image

ISO400, 1/25 sec, F1.8, 28mm-e