The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Summer Doldrums

Lili

Is near 100 here in Dallas
In weather like this, its hard to have any energy
hence my lack of photos lately :(

pollobarca

Lili,
know the feeling... I'm just tired although the wild variations of weather
here havent helped lately
I've forced myself to do a few pix, mainly to train.

I'm using the EVF on the GX100, works well.

When I get something good I'll be posting again!

all the best

paul

Lili

Helen, Paul
Thanks so much :)
Here is some new stuff

Part of my driving series, it is good to have the GRD in hand again
To quote Sweeney Todd
MY HAND IS COMPLETE!

Stuart Richardson

Ugh, I am with you. I really really hate summer here in NYC. Hot, humid, polluted and the buildings just soak up the heat and radiate it all night. I know I am a humbug for that, but I love winter, so it balances out. Fall's the best though, so at least there is that to look forward to!

pollobarca

Lili,
like the first pic a lot. I downloaded a copy of raw therapee and I'm toying with that:-
One i took strolling about Seregno:-

Another of an Oleandra on my balcony:-

Both run through Raw Therapee , the buildings also run through ShiftN.
Raw therapee looks very good. Freeware.

all the best

paul

ecliffordsmith

Hi All,

Well we are waiting for some hot weather here in Belgium. I am sure that when it arrives I will feel much like you all do.

Take it easy!

Lili

Nice shots Paul!
Number one of mine used some differing jpeg settings that normally I do for color with my GRD
Sharpness high
Contrast med low
Saturation normal
It hadled the brightness range well son't you think?

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Why don't you all come on up here to Maine and escape that heat? It's pretty nice here today, mid-70s with a few clouds to block the sun.

Even if it isn't the doldrums here, I now have a small sensor camera that I've started playing with. Here's a couple from this morning. The little Pentax will focus to within 1 cm!

Tim

Will

The one of the stamens is really beautiful Tim.

The close focus capabilities of small sensor cameras is great fun!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks Will. I'm a little overwhelmed with all the possible configurations. They build a lot of preset shooting modes into these little cameras. Finding the right ones will take a little experimenting.

Lili

Tim,
Lovlely, love the irst the most.
I know what you mean about small sensor cams and macro.
Amazing :)

Joan

Hiya, Lili. The heat is oppressive here as well, humidity enough to choke a horse. Always like your urban landscapes with the GRD though, these are great as usual.

Nice shots, Paul, also. I can almost smell the oleander. Tim, lovely macro and green tomatoes, yum. :)

We did get out for a short trip around Florida, encountered quite a bit of rain, but had one fairly sunny day at Daytona Beach:

View attachment 6447

Panasonic TZ3 in 16:9 mode.

pollobarca

Currently on board MyAir to Palermo...
Actually the Cassata are disgustingly Gorgeous!! Cannoncini too.

A really hot day in Bergamo,GX100 and RawTherapee PP

O

Oxide Blu

Currently on board MyAir to Palermo...
Actually the Cassata are disgustingly Gorgeous!! Cannoncini too.

A really hot day in Bergamo,GX100 and RawTherapee PP

(I love Palermo!) YOU MUST GO TO the underground crypt in Palermo, the Capuchin Catacombs. There are a bunch of mummified people in there. Use to be wealthy folks had their dead family members dried out (dehydrated, made into beef jerky) to preserve the body, and then they would occasionally go down into the crypt and brush the deceased's hair, dress them up for holidays, like dolls. They used to allow photography in there, maybe still do so take you camera if you go.

pollobarca

Only been to Palermo for work, during first Gulf War , and met some interesting people. Sicilian women are gorgeous, much better than looking at stiffs in a crypt!

b rgds

paul