Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

  1. #1
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

    He died 3 months later. In the same mud and dirt he was born in.

    He thought someone cared. He was wrong.

    RIP.


  2. #2
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    3,871
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

    Why care?

  3. #3
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

    That is a haunting post, Rayyan... words and image alike.

    As for ptomsu's comment, I'm having a hard time getting my head around it.

  4. #4
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    Why care?
    Could you please explain your comment. I do not know what you mean.

    Regards.

  5. #5
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Could you please explain your comment. I do not know what you mean.

    Regards.
    Yes, Peter, I'd like to understand it as well.

  6. #6
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    Why care?
    Herr Tomsu, I am still waiting for your response sir.

    Please help me understand what you mean by your initial comment.

    Regards.

  7. #7
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    Why care?
    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Herr Tomsu, I am still waiting for your response sir.

    Please help me understand what you mean by your initial comment.

    Regards.
    Herr Tomsu, still waiting sir.

    Been to Linz? Like the villages of Mauthausen-Gusen?

    Maybe some of your friends here that think like you could care to help me understand what you meant.
    German seems to be your primary language, no?

  8. #8
    Senior Member simonclivehughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

    I think Peter's comment was sarcastic, meant to show that the world, as a whole, doesn't care. That's why things like this happen.

    Cheers,

  9. #9
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

    Quote Originally Posted by simonclivehughes View Post
    I think Peter's comment was sarcastic, meant to show that the world, as a whole, doesn't care. That's why things like this happen.

    Cheers,
    Simon, thank you.

    But I prefer Herr Tomsu to tell me himself in this particular instance sir.

    Kindest regards.

  10. #10
    Senior Member simonclivehughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Simon, thank you.

    But I prefer Herr Tomsu to tell me himself in this particular instance sir.

    Kindest regards.
    Fair enough... I was just making a point that these days, we seem to view the world through our "political correctness spectacles" rather than seeing the simple and direct observations that people often offer.

    Ciao,

  11. #11
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    3,871
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

    rayan,

    I wanted to understand what you meant one should care - ok?

    Maybe I just did not get it first time - sorry .....

    Sir!

    PS: and how does this photo relate to Small Sensor Cameras?

  12. #12
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    rayan,

    I wanted to understand what you meant one should care - ok?

    Maybe I just did not get it first time - sorry .....

    Sir!

    PS: and how does this photo relate to Small Sensor Cameras?
    My name is ' Rayyan '. Spelt with a double ' y '. I request you to spell my name correctly.

    I shall give you the benefit of the doubt. Apology accepted.

    My photo has as much to do with small sensor cameras as yours taken with a XZ-1.
    Maybe much more content informative than your cat photo with your XZ-1.
    At least to me it is.
    The photograph I posted was taken with a D-Lux4.

    I can only go by what I read. It would be advisable that you are very careful in what you type so as not to be misunderstood. Especially with my posts. And especially you, sir.

    Thank you.

  13. #13
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    3,871
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

    Well rayyan - you request and I do :-))

    You feel better now - right? If it is only this you request, I apologize, I did not do that intentionally to misspell your name! But let me ask you, why do you come over here often so very much unfriendly - at least in my eyes? Also you should be very careful in what you type and in which forum, because otherwise it might easily happen that you are misunderstood in some places. Sometimes some explanation could help - maybe you can take that advise.

    My cat photo did absolutely NOT intend to be content informative nor to be sophisticated or anything else, just show a sample taken with XZ-1.

    BTW I can also only go by what I read, so at least we have this in common!

    I am here for fun, to learn and to have serious photographic discussions. And I am not here for fight please accept this!

    Peter

  14. #14
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

    ' Rayyan '..proper noun. Starts with a capital ' R ' like so ' Rayyan '.

    Best wishes to you too, Herr Tomsu.

  15. #15
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    3,871
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    ' Rayyan '..proper noun. Starts with a capital ' R ' like so ' Rayyan '.

    Best wishes to you too, Herr Tomsu.
    Rayyan,

    so let me come back to this photo - could you elaborate a bit on it? Where was it taken, Who are these people? What did you want to tell us when you shot it?

    Thanks for explaining

    Peter

  16. #16
    Administrator Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Prescott, Arizona
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    367

    Re: Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

    MODERATOR WARNING
    Please I implore you all Ladies and Gentlemen
    Lets us assume that there is no malice and lets enjoy the forum,
    Otherwise if you don't I will lock this thread and pick one or two folks to yellow card at least.
    I really hate to intervene, but I will not tolerate this in my dining room, and I will not in these forums either.
    thanks
    -bob

  17. #17
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1145

    Re: Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

    OK I'm watching the thread and everyone needs to lighten up and relax a bit.

  18. #18
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    3,871
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    MODERATOR WARNING
    Please I implore you all Ladies and Gentlemen
    Lets us assume that there is no malace and lets enjoy the forom,
    Otherwise if you don't I will lock this thread and pick one or taw folks to yellow card at least.
    I really hate to intervene, but I will not tolerate this in my dining room, and I will not in these forums either.
    thanks
    -bob
    Bob,

    absolutely agree to you. Just would really like to understand the background of a photo like the discussed one a bit better. But maybe I am having the wrong expectations of a photography forum?

    Peter

  19. #19
    Administrator Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Prescott, Arizona
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    367

    Re: Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    Bob,

    absolutely agree to you. Just would really like to understand the background of a photo like the discussed one a bit better. But maybe I am having the wrong expectations of a photography forum?

    Peter
    this is not out of line.
    -bob

  20. #20
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    Well rayyan - you request and I do :-))

    You feel better now - right? If it is only this you request, I apologize, I did not do that intentionally to misspell your name! But let me ask you, why do you come over here often so very much unfriendly - at least in my eyes? Also you should be very careful in what you type and in which forum, because otherwise it might easily happen that you are misunderstood in some places. Sometimes some explanation could help - maybe you can take that advise.

    My cat photo did absolutely NOT intend to be content informative nor to be sophisticated or anything else, just show a sample taken with XZ-1.

    BTW I can also only go by what I read, so at least we have this in common!

    I am here for fun, to learn and to have serious photographic discussions. And I am not here for fight please accept this!

    Peter
    The above post by Peter has been edited after the responses that followed.I am typing this just to point out that responses immediately following Peter's post might seem out of context now. Peter's original post contained a different message.

    Anyway, The photo was taken by a D-Lux4 of a sick orphan that died due to lack of funds and consequent proper care.

    Regards.

    Edited to add that the photo was taken in Africa, Tanzania.

  21. #21
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    3,871
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    The above post by Peter has been edited after the responses that followed.I am typing this just to point out that responses immediately following Peter's post might seem out of context now. Peter's original post contained a different message.

    Anyway, The photo was taken by a D-Lux4 of a sick orphan that died due to lack of funds and consequent proper care.

    Regards.
    This last sentence was clarification for me, if I would have had this info from the beginning I never would have asked my initial question "Why care" but answered "This is a great shot"

    Thanks

    Peter

  22. #22
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

    Thank you.

  23. #23
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    3,871
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Thank you.
    you are a great photographer anyway !

  24. #24
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    you are a great photographer anyway !
    Thank you once again.

    I shall pass on your comments to my wife.

    As all D-Lux4 photos I have posted in this forum have been taken by her.

    I am sure she shall be pleased.

    Best regards.

  25. #25
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,344
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

    Care is a seemingly simple word with a minefield of complexity beneath, and our view upon it is often obscured by personal views, real life obstacles and all kinds of needs and greeds, including a billion shades of gray in between. The confusion is not surprising.

    Rayyan, what is always reflected in the photography by you and your wife is your care for people, places and things around you. That's a most valuable asset and one of the reasons why I always enjoy looking at your photos and reading the words you create around them.

    - Jorgen
    Last edited by Jorgen Udvang; 23rd June 2011 at 17:37.

  26. #26
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Care is a seemingly simple word with a minefield of complexity beneath, and our view upon it is often obscured by personal views, real life obstacles and all kinds of needs and greeds, including the billion of shades of gray in between. The confusion is not surprising.

    Rayyan, what is always reflected in the photography by you and your wife is your care for people, places and things around you. That's a most valuable asset and one of the reasons why I always enjoy looking at your photos and reading the words you create around them.

    - Jorgen
    Jorgen..It is a weekend here. Ayesha is watching a movie. I showed her your
    comment.

    So my friend, from the both of us..

    On a personal note; I am waiting at the pit stops!!

    Kindest regards x 2.

  27. #27
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Godfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near San Jose, California
    Posts
    7,929
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

    rayyan,

    it is a striking photograph and a sad story.

    i don't know why you chose the title for the thread that you used. the photo speaks for itself, particularly with the back story you provided.

    to my eyes, it seems you are accusing participants of this forum of something by posing this photo, this story, and this title together as you did. i feel your accusation is unwarranted.

  28. #28
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh no! Don't spoil our fun..

    Godfrey, thank you for looking in.

    Best.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •