The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Way to Annapurna with the D-Lux4

rayyan

He tried the unthinkable..climbing in winter.

Let's follow the route..in summer

Awesome beauty. But also dangerous; treacherous in winter..

We knew we could never reach the summit. But we can at least have a
close peek at what Anatoli was trying to ascend..and died trying.

Annpurna I; 8000 meters and some as seen in summer.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Rayyan,

great place, excellent shots! I suppose your wife is doing the Dlux4 work. Great camera, have one too, but lately prefer the XZ-1, you should give it a try!

I envy you for beeing there :)

Peter

rayyan

Terry, Peter; Thank you very much.

Peter, yes she operates the D-Lux4 ( unless she is in the pic! ). Nepal is a beautiful country and less than US$ 500/= from here; and about 4.5 hrs flying.

Terry, the last shot is from about 4500 meters. I cannot go over 4000 mts ( medical condition ). She is used to around 6-6.5 K meters.

Best regards.

p.s If I can find it, I shall post what happens if an ascent is quick and over 5000 mts.!!

rayyan

Absolutely correct Paul. Anatoli ( most experienced > 8000 mts ascent climber and subject of a controversy at the summit of Everest ) and his partner died
when an avalanche hit them.

The tourist trek is relatively ' easy '. Over 5000 mts towards Annapurna I or II, is when the fun starts.

Mount K2 in Pakistan ( subject of a movie ) has however claimed the most
deaths and has the lowest rate of summit accesses.

It is a real bad and killing hombre. Even its access. No Heli rescue; air is too thin for rotors.

Regards.