The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

They call it the Coat hanger..

rayyan

No you cannot do it on your own..too dangerous they told me.

Are you medically fit ?, they asked.

It is very high and strenuous; they said.

How high? Around 150 meters above sea level.

And You have to wear a harness and be insured!!

Since we were there..

The experts are in the lead and have the cam. We are tourists.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Yes, the group who manage the coat hanger are absurdly over-protective, in my view. And my guess is that you folk are fit enough, judging by the recent images!

It is modern world: all are protected from themselves.

rayyan

Yes, the group who manage the coat hanger are absurdly over-protective, in my view. And my guess is that you folk are fit enough, judging by the recent images!

It is modern world: all are protected from themselves.
Hi Kit.

Thanks for stopping by. I guess they do have to be careful.

There was another question: ' are you pregnant ?'. In small print it said only female need answer!!

Anyways and for the record they gave us a washed out printed photo..

Just for perspective..

Cloud ceiling ends at 500 meters and then it is straight down a mountain for at least 3000 meters.

We are at 5895 meters.

Thank you Australia for allowing us to visit your beautiful country.

Godfrey

lol .. I never heard it called the "coat hanger". I walked the Harbor Bridge on a tour in 2001 when I was in Sydney for a couple of weeks. I'm not a big backpacker or climber, not in particularly great shape, but I didn't find it more than passingly difficult. Don't know what all the fuss was about.

Gosh, all my Sydney photos are somewhere but I'm not sure where. I know I was shooting with the M6TTL on that trip and had two lenses with me. Such it is with film for me ... no matter how I try to catalog and store it, unless I capture it to digital it gets scattered.

Diane B

I had to look into this LOL. It appears climbers actually go across the arch. From Wikipedia
[edit]BridgeClimb
Since 1998, BridgeClimb[38] has made it possible for tourists to climb the southern half of the bridge. Tours run throughout the day, from dawn to dusk, and are only cancelled for electrical storms or high wind. Night climbs are also available.
Groups of climbers are provided with protective clothing appropriate to the prevailing weather conditions and are given an orientation briefing before climbing. During the climb, attendees are secured to the bridge by a wire lifeline. Each climb begins on the eastern side of the bridge and ascends to the top. At the summit, the group crosses to the western side of the arch for the descent. Each climb is a three-and-a-half-hour experience.
In December 2006, BridgeClimb[38] launched an alternative to climbing the upper arches of the bridge. The Discovery Climb allows climbers to ascend the lower chord of the bridge and view its internal structure. From the apex of the lower chord, climbers ascend a staircase to a platform at the summit.
BridgeClimb celebrated its 10th anniversary on 1 October 2008, and is investigating the possibilities of other 'bridge climbs' around the world. Negotiations are currently underway for a similar operation on the Brooklyn Bridge in New York City.[39]

That sounds a bit iffy.

Diane

rayyan

I had to look into this LOL. It appears climbers actually go across the arch. From Wikipedia
[edit]BridgeClimb

Negotiations are currently underway for a similar operation on the Brooklyn Bridge in New York City.[39]

That sounds a bit iffy.

Diane
No way sister are we going to climb bridges in NY. No way!! With or without others. Too strenuous for my heart!!

Kindest regards.

Godfrey

Godfrey, it is a beautiful city. Find them slides.
they'd be negs, I stopped shooting slides about twenty-five years ago. I have a couple of ideas about where they might be, but it'll take some time to get into finding that stash. I hope they weren't in the stash that went missing in my 2003 apartment renovation, though. If they were, they're long gone. :-(