The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Assigning functions to Function Button/GRD2 and GX100

M

Mitch Alland

A useful feature of the GRD2 and the GX100 is the Function Button to which you can assign various functions. So far I've assigned AE Lock because pressing the shutter half-way locks both the focus and the AE, which means that there is no other way of separating these two functions except by assigning AE Lock to the Function Button. However, it also would be useful to assign the Function Button to switch between AF/MF. What do you think of these alternatives, or of other possible assignments?

—Mitch/Bangkok
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10268776@N00/

clay stewart

Hi Mitch, I did the manual focus on my GRD2. I would like to use the AE lock, but I guess it's one or the other. I use the AE lock on my GX 100 though. I guess my thinking was that the GX focuses a bit faster than the GRD does in AF mode. I actually felt like I was getting the hang of the GRD yesterday, when I could switch quickly to MF, when I wanted a close up of someone about a meter away.

srw

I also use the Fn button for AE lock.
You can also assign functions (4 I think) to the ADJ Lever, Focus included.
I use that alot for ISO and EV although for Focus it's probably not any faster than just using the Menu

C

chris_tribble

I also use the Fn button for AE lock.
You can also assign functions (4 I think) to the ADJ Lever, Focus included.
I use that alot for ISO and EV although for Focus it's probably not any faster than just using the Menu
Same practice.