The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Bremen

Will

Great images Arne. Apparently one of my ancestors was Mayor of Bremen so I'm interested to see what it looks like!

Arne Hvaring

Lili, thank you, I think the rain added a good deal to the effect.

ecliffordsmith; thanks, that's the one I really had to work on :)

Will: that's funny, we might have dined at the same table as your ancestor, there is a long-standing well known restaurant in the basement of the town hall (first image) where we had a great meal. It is especially known for its wine cellar which has more than 600 different German wines.

kevin

Arne, thanks so much for posting these! My wife and I stayed one night in Bremen on our way from Bad Zwischenahn to Amsterdam on a rainy evening this past June, and I had forgotten my GX 100 here at home. :( We were staying right off the town square, on Böttcherstrasse, and there was so much to photograph I was kicking myself for leaving the Ricoh behind.

You've really captured the mood of the place. :)

Arne Hvaring

Kevin, thank you, glad to stir your memory :) Btw., I've just posted a couple of quite different shots from Bremen on the Canon board (Travelling light...) the last two of the series.