The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Maghreb..images by Ayesha

Lloyd

These are really wonderful images. And some as poignant as they are beautiful. The blue color in the second shot is really quite stunning.

I didn't realize the DLux-4 died as well. Wow, talk about timing, eh?

rayyan

These are really wonderful images. And some as poignant as they are beautiful. The blue color in the second shot is really quite stunning.

I didn't realize the DLux-4 died as well. Wow, talk about timing, eh?
Hi friend...

Sorry, saw this one just now. Thanks for the generous words.

Unfortunately Lloyd, out of a total of 3 cams..2 dead, 1 needs alignment.

Result of this missed some good photo ops when our locomotive broke down

in the middle of nowhere, and we were stranded for about 5 hrs. Got to know

a lot of people, I can tell you. One amongst them was a real ' crocodile

dundee '. Lovely couple. Kept our morale high!!

Regards to you and yours.

Lloyd

Sounds like you two really had quite the adventure. But then, to me it seems that you always do.

Our best to you, Ayesha and the family.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Hi friend...

Unfortunately Lloyd, out of a total of 3 cams..2 dead, 1 needs alignment.

Regards to you and yours.
With your travel schedules I am not surprised at all that your cameras have
thrown up the white flag...only the old Nikon F2s and F3s Hasselblad 500s and Leica M3 and M6s would have stood up to the rigors.

I assume you need to either get a new D700 or await the new one...money spent to resurrect this generation of digital bodies may not be worth it.

Great Captures as always...and can I say I am more than a bit jealous of your travels.

Warm regards,

Bob

rayyan

With your travel schedules I am not surprised at all that your cameras have
thrown up the white flag...only the old Nikon F2s and F3s Hasselblad 500s and Leica M3 and M6s would have stood up to the rigors.

I assume you need to either get a new D700 or await the new one...money spent to resurrect this generation of digital bodies may not be worth it.

Great Captures as always...and can I say I am more than a bit jealous of your travels.

Warm regards,

Bob
Bob, than you very much for stopping by. Yes, I think all our cams are around 4 or more years old. And they have been driven hard, at times very very hard. That they lasted so far is welcome.

I am awaiting a quote on the D700 from Nikon. The new price could pay our
airfare to S.E Asia..Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia PLUS the loyalty points could
take us to China too!!

Decisions!!

I have indeed brought my M7 and MP out of mothballs, but sparkling new. One M8 is fully functional; the one I took this trip is sick, and on the way to Solms.

D-Lux4 is history and in the dustbin.

Ayesha and me would have wished they had lasted for our expected trip
into South America and the Antartica...we shall cut down on the grocery
bills!

Thank you so very much.