The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shadows, shadows...

N

ntrolls

Photography is all about light, so I guess it's also all about shadows. Bring out best images of yours that have shadows as the main subject! :)

Just to start the thread:

BTW, I started my one month visit to University of Trento, Italy. Such a beautiful town - the weather and the size of the town is a nice change from London :cool: I'll go out and take some pictures during the weekend.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I think I may have posted this one in another thread at one point in time, but it seems to qualify for this one.

Brian Mosley

Great idea for a thread, and quite inspirational... thanks everyone. I must take more notice of shadows, a real art form in itself I think!

Kind Regards

Brian

simonclivehughes

How about Jay Maisel?

Woody
You got it Woody! It is indeed Jay Maisel from his "Light, Gesture and Color" workshop last year in Seattle at Art Wolfe's studio. I knew Art from a previous workshop and lectures as we lived in Seattle for 10 years.

During Jay's workshop, we took a break (at Art's studio) and noticed this shaft of incredibly intense light striking a wall. Jay immediately challenged us to say what it might be from, and then proclaimed it was a reflection off a car windshield... and indeed it was.

Cheers,