The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Gx100/Gx200

pollobarca

Nice pix Airtimid. I've not tried that sort of shot yet, or rather what have tried didnt work so I have not worried too much about stopping the action. Did you use snap focus?

some of my Latest efforts:-
Milano Metro

She just danced into the picture

This Politician kept on posing and I had to struggle to get a pic without him posing- But even here he is showing "Clean Hands" ,Antonio Di Pietro.

Futurism

Milano Duomo Ricoh GX100 with the Nikon wce68 converter

rest of the set is here:-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pollobarca/sets/72157617352213230/

All CC most welcome and sought!

b rgds

paul

busch63

Hi all, here my first post in this community. Hope they´r good enough for these vast collection of masterpieces...starting with GX100.

W

wbrandsma

What a great entry busch and welcome at GetDPI. Which of both cameras do you prefer? I have been able to use both cameras too, still have the GX200. While I like the increased speed of the GX200, I still really prefer the quality of the photographs of the GX100.

Have been photographing mostly with the Sigma DP1 now, but here still some photographs with the GX200.

Paul, good series from Milano.

busch63

What a great entry busch and welcome at GetDPI. Which of both cameras do you prefer?
Thanks Wouder, I prefer the GX200 because I´d lent the GX100 for 2 weeks only....and during to get the money for it, I could buy the GX200 cheap.

Have been photographing mostly with the Sigma DP1 now, but here still some photographs with the GX200.
Me 2. I just got the DP1 as well and have to learn the usage with SPP. I miss at the DP1 the "swissarmy knife" usage from the GX200.
But the DP1 is very unique and so I have to reduce my expectations to their limited possibilities. But if everything is quite well, so you will get great results.:thumbup:

busch63

I will also present some bw shots (all out of jpegs, because I don´t have a clue to work with raws well):
#1 GX200 with Nikon WC-E68 Converter

Last edited:
W

wbrandsma

I really like the street photo with the shadows Burkhard. Absolutely great.

And John, welcome to the party. Great to see you here too.

pollobarca

Wow theres some great photos here from you all! Busch you are also using the wce68.
Did you make many modifications to the lens or HA-2? I trimmed the HA-2 by 3 or 4 mm.
Glad you like the Milano shots Wouter.
I have changed jobs and now work in a area with plenty of green . A very pretty walk
refreshes after a few hours in the office ! All with my gx100. The macro works well even
hand held.

all the best and welcome to you new guys!

paul

busch63

Because of the fast Focusspeed and the great macro mode I like to show some spontanously made photos from March this year. All out of jpeg, scaled with gimp no further postprocessing:

Last edited:
J

jemsurvey

Thanks Wouter, there is an amazing array of talent here...I've been lurking for awhile and I like what I see.

Last edited:

pollobarca

Nice Macros Busch63. the little ricoh is great at this, even without using a tripod
you can get an enjoyable photo. This is one of a flower about 5mm across.
I havent cropped at all because I rather like the green around it.

In fact I am putting off obtaining an Oly e 620 due to the Ricoh being so handy to use.
I May wait for the GX300 and forget about a dslr... In any case this summer will be GX100 and my old faithful Oly c5050z.

pollobarca

Wow this forum is getting dominated by DP2 and DP1- great pix from a great camera, I still have the GX100 and am still very happy with , as well as my
Olyc5050z.
Today found some poppies near to Bergamo airport so out came the GX100. Raw ran through rawtherapee and a little cropping.

I'm very happy with the second, can even see the hairy stem of the poppy.

As always all CC most welcome

paul

PS I'm thinking that a DP2 or the new OLY micro 4/3 with 25mm lens
could be the next cameras for me. Hope Ricoh put something similar out soon.

Will

Just to say how great some of these recent images have been in this thread! The statue of liberty in the 1 sign is fun!

may even have to prize my GX100 away from my son for a while and use it again. Make a change from the DP1.

pollobarca

A couple taken using an Olympus FL50 flash. Pointed straight up and away, the light
was cut down quite well this way.Otherwise it justburns out everything.
Cactus flower on my balcony. Light bounced off the balcony over mine.

Glad youre liking the pix on this thread Will, Wouters and all the others Pix are all grand.

W

wbrandsma

A Ricoh 500G captured in macro mode with the GX200. Inspired by the great macro photographs here.

pollobarca

Busch, thanks and those Danish flowers are lovely.
Wouter, Nice Macro there. Nice old Ricoh too
I've been using my c5050z and the Ricoh gx100 alternately. Got loads of pix to work through! But I've been going round Bergamo town ( for work) with someone who knows the place well. I will be taking a photo trip there again soon. If ever you fly in to Bergamo take time to do the city before going to Milan or where ever.

D

D upton-Hackett.

This is it!! my first images taken with new GX200 my apologises for using jpg, raw will follow later, still experimenting with camera settings would like to get a more dramatic B/W look if you have any suggestions to this most welcome.

Pics proved to large (average 3mb in windows) to download on this forum if you wish to view them here...http://www.flickr.com/photos/seaton_carew/

I use a pseudonym in Flickr.

Next step is to figure out how to resize for posting here.

Derek.