The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Gx100/Gx200

W

wbrandsma

Excellent start Paul. After a month of waiting for my GX100 replacement, and the holiday season, I am trying to get familiair with the GX200. It looks the same, it handles the same, but the results are not quite the same though in my opinion. I have to change my workflow too.

And a color photograph for a chance.

pollobarca

Wouter what an marvellous set you have posted. Lady with the black Clogs and the sunset over the pier are great and my faves- All are lovely though.

Thanks for sharing!

BTW the second shot of mine was also using the Nikon WC-e68 converter. Thanks for the comment Wouter.

all the best

paul

kevin

Wouter, your images are always a treat! Here's the first time I shot RAW with the GX100, developed in Silkypix.

W

wbrandsma

Thanks Paul and Kevin. Amazing macro photograph Kevin!

pollobarca

Woo Wouter thats another great picture.
Kevin lovely Macro.

Heres another Gx100 macro from the woods around Framura:-

All the best
paul

kevin

Thanks! I'm finding the EVF makes a really handy tool in bright sun and for macro work. :D

Last edited:

pollobarca

Smart one Kevin, I use both the EVF and the LCD, it really depends upon how i can get around the subject in Macro. My legs arent so good lately for crouching down! So the LCD then gets used. Sure would be nice to have a folding LCD on the Ricoh.
Another angle on the flower and Vines.

This was taken in a Garden near to Ovada (town called Molare)

b rgds

paul

pollobarca

Wouter, the first pic , how did you do that?:salute:

As always great work , shame about the vandals but at least theres a great pic!

rgds

paul

W

wbrandsma

Some photographs of the 64th commemoration of Operation Market Garden 1944 near my hometown.

helenhill

WooHOO Wouter ...Simply Outstanding those Commemoration Shots
even down to your Order & Display of set

Kevin & Paul....Superb

makes me crave a GX

Best- h:):):)

Will

Wouter those shots are really good. I couldn't bring myself to comment at first because I found it so moving seeing the old soldier remembering his comrades. They had to fight it out unsupported because the reinforcements never managed to break through to help.
"Of approximately 10,600 men of the 1st Airborne Division and other units who fought north of the Rhine, 1,485 had died and 6,414 were taken prisoner, of whom one third were wounded."

Last edited:
W

wbrandsma

With the ambition to reach Berlin before Christmas '44, and the personal battle between Montgomery and Patton, these men paid a heavy price. So much went wrong, and these men were so generous to sacrifice their lives for our freedom.

Thank you both for your comments, Helen and Will.

iiiNelson

Wouter I love the the last of the WW2 commemoration shots the best. Outstanding photo. My sister actually got to sing at the 50 year anniversary of D-Day at Normandy with her school back in 1994. Apparently it was a great celebration with many of the WW2 vets seeing each other again and sharing in military camaraderie again for the first time in years. Great shots again though.

pollobarca

Wouter,
it was a horrible mess that could have been avoided. Your pictures are great
and I'm very happy to see that in Holland you remember this.:salute:

very best regards

paul

simonclivehughes

I shot this on my GX100 (ISO 100 with the flash) at 70mm using a CV 75mm OVF, and then played around with it in the demo version of Nik Silver Efex which gives a really nice amount of control over B&W conversion.

View attachment 7901

Cheers,

Last edited: