The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Gx100/Gx200

N

ntrolls

One of those "at-the-hip-level" snap taken with GX-100 at Camden Market, London.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,
Some nice pics here, especially Wouter as always.
Here are 2 of mine-played with in iPhoto. Night sky is 1 minute exposure.
GX100.
Gandolfi.

Last edited:
W

wbrandsma

Cool dude, Shin Yoo! And that last photograph, Gandolfi, is good.

Here another one with the GX200.

Ricoh GX200, f2.9, 1/90 sec, ISO 100, -0.7 EV

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,
Thanks, Wouter.

There was some interesting chit chat in another thread concerning the general madness of mankind, vis a vis the American state tax on wooden arrows and whether it did or did not have an influence on the recent bank bail out vote in the Senate.
Well, 200 years ago we in the U.K. had a tax on windows, causing many windows to be bricked up! It did lead to some interesting trompe l'oeil, however, this one in Bath.
GX100.
Cheers,
Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,
I may be entering my "tinted black and white" period. A couple of pics of Bath, U.K., taken with GX100 and played with in iPhotos.
Gandolfi.

Last edited:
W

wbrandsma

That last photograph is really well composed Gandolfi!

And here is an example of a Dutch milk tap.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Great shot Wouter, you folks really amaze me with these small sensor camera's. Great stuff

Gandolfi some real nice mood to these

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All, Thanks, Wouter and Guy.
Nice joke, Dale!
I just got Photoshop Elements6, so had to try a panorama. This is 5 vertical shots with GX100 and it stitched together rather well. I merely cloned a few clouds into LH stretch of sky. Then I monotoned (mononotised?) it and to me it ended up looking like an illustration from a child's book of fairy stories. In fact these are the vegetable allotments just up a disused railway walk not far from my flat.
Cheers,
Gandolfi.

Last edited:

pollobarca

Wouter,
nice picture-here we have the "mucca meccanica" too:LOL:. Lots of milk distributors around now.

I have been busy with a load of pictures I took in september. Finally finished.
a night shot (the light was yellow) Camera: Ricoh Caplio GX100
Exposure: 2 sec (2)
Aperture: f/9.1
Focal Length: 5.1 mm
ISO Speed: 80

Got lucky with a sparrow;
Camera: Ricoh Caplio GX100
Exposure: 0.003 sec (1/320)
Aperture: f/8.9
Focal Length: 15.3 mm
ISO Speed: 100

Love in Verona , Juliets House
Camera: Ricoh Caplio GX100
Exposure: 0.1 sec (1/10)
Aperture: f/2.5
Focal Length: 5.1 mm
ISO Speed: 100

Spike Milligans Quote seems fitting at this point!

helenhill

Gandolfi: Simply Adore the shots of Bath
in particular the Trompe l'oiel (being a Decorative Artist by trade:p)

Wouter: The Melktap is Wonderful

best-h

pollobarca

Gandolfi,
that panorama is great. Looks , as you say, like an illustration.
I have tried vertical shots for panoramas , but no success so far.Strange how they seem more difficult to do.
Bath I havent seen for about 30 years now.

b rgds

paul

W

wbrandsma

Thanks Guy!

The GX200 is an amazing camera. The first few weeks with the camera (on vacation) were amazing. The camera is much faster than the GX100, and the screen is so much better too. After the vacation I was disappointed, because the photographs were not like I had expected. There was more noise in the blue channel, also at lower ISO's and I couldn't use my preferred B&W conversion in Lightroom.
Now after three months of using this camera I really start to like it. I changed my conversion technique in Lightroom to some degree, and started to use Silver Efex Pro more often too in Photoshop. And some slight overexposing seems to improve the final image quality too.