Site Sponsors

Thread: the GRD rubber grip issue...

gropec

the GRD rubber grip issue...

hello,
    In spite of a moderate use of my GRD, I "use" almost one rubber grip per year (I suspect the material to be sweat-sensitive because after one year, the grip becomes too distorted to be sticked up again). That's why I look for a half-case, and the only which is suitable for me is that one :
    Artisan & Artist half-case
    Unfortunately, I am not able to buy the item, because of japanese only version of the website..
    If someone can tell me where I can buy this half-case, in Europe or USA (I am in Paris) ?
    I allready asked on the A&A website, but no answer. And the US dealer of A&A, Photo Village, don't sell this model.

Thanks in advance, and pardon my vague english
    Christophe

chris_tribble

Re: the GRD rubber grip issue...

Try Luigi - he could almost certainly make one for you...

http://www.leicatime.com/

gropec

I had already asked him a few months ago, but at that time he did'nt have any GRD to make a prototype. I will ask him again if I don't find the A&A model...
    Thanks
    Christophe

Mitch Alland

Quote Originally Posted by gropec View Post
    ...That's why I look for a half-case, and the only which is suitable for me is that one :
    Artisan & Artist half-case
    Unfortunately, I am not able to buy the item, because of japanese only version of the website...
    Christophe:

If you click on "ENGLISH" at the top of the above page a pop-up window comes up. Then, if you scroll down the popup window there is an e-mail form to write to them in English. I'm sure they can give you instructions how to buy from them in English. You can also telephone them at the number given in the popup window.

—Mitch/Bangkok
    Last edited by Mitch Alland; 17th December 2007 at 18:39.

Mark Turney

A while back I did as you suggested Mitch. But, unfortunately, just as Christophe's experience, I also never received a reply.

Mark T.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The solution might be this:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-...-mahogany.html

Post Holiday season I plan on sending Cameraleather.com my GRD I to see if they are interested in doing replacement skins for the GRD.

Drafi

Christophe, I have checked the website you mentioned (Artisan & Artist) with a japanese friend. Beneath the price there is some writing in red. Unfortunately this means: "Sold out."

There is another leather case by A&A, produced for the Gr Digital, which you can find here:
    Artisan&Artist_Case2

This one is still available.

Drafi

By the way, the original website of Artisan&Artist is
    http://www.aaa1.co.jp/
    You can feed this into Google-Translation and then navigate through the site.
    Onthe left, there is alink to a contact page in English.
    I have tried to find the cases for the GRD, but to no avail, I don't know why. Maybe they are out of production and there is just a rest stock in the online-shop your link refers to?
    I hope A&A themselves answer e-mails. Good luck.