The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

question for Fujifilm F camera users

Lisa

OK, I have a Fujifilm F30. I haven't used it in awhile (I also have a DSLR), but got it out to practice with it again before taking it on a water sports trip (with an underwater housing for it). My question is: I could have sworn that it could display the image you've just taken with overexposed highlights blinking. However, I took some images in bright sun and was expecting some to have "the blinkies", but nothing's blinking. I can't find anything about blinking highlights in the manual. Am I misremembering that blinking highlights are a feature of this camera? Or am I just not using it right? Or should it be blinking and I was extremely lucky that none of the images I took have overexposed bits?

Thanks for any help you can give...
Lisa

P

Pavel

Lisa,
I have a F30, too, and it doesn't have that blinking highlights feature, AFAIK.
-0.3 EV as my default setting keeps me on a safe side.
Best wishes,
Pavel

Lili

Lisa, when I had my F31fd, it was set to -0.7 EV to avoid highlight clipping.
I do not think it had the blinky thing.
My S5200 and S6000fd do, but only on play back when hitting info button; brings exif, histogram and blinkies

Lisa

Thanks very much for your answers, folks. I must have been thinking about another camera with the "blinkies". When I was last using the F30, I must have just been setting the exposure compensation down a bit to compensate, because I remember my first attempt at taking photos with the F30 ended up with a great many overexposed bits and I did *something* to make up for that. Now if Fujifilm would just put raw in some of their digicams, it would make this much easier...!

Thanks,
Lisa