Site Sponsors

Thread: question for Fujifilm F camera users

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

question for Fujifilm F camera users

OK, I have a Fujifilm F30. I haven't used it in awhile (I also have a DSLR), but got it out to practice with it again before taking it on a water sports trip (with an underwater housing for it). My question is: I could have sworn that it could display the image you've just taken with overexposed highlights blinking. However, I took some images in bright sun and was expecting some to have "the blinkies", but nothing's blinking. I can't find anything about blinking highlights in the manual. Am I misremembering that blinking highlights are a feature of this camera? Or am I just not using it right? Or should it be blinking and I was extremely lucky that none of the images I took have overexposed bits?

Thanks for any help you can give...
    Lisa

Pavel

Re: question for Fujifilm F camera users

Lisa,
    I have a F30, too, and it doesn't have that blinking highlights feature, AFAIK.
    -0.3 EV as my default setting keeps me on a safe side.
    Best wishes,
    Pavel

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Lisa, when I had my F31fd, it was set to -0.7 EV to avoid highlight clipping.
    I do not think it had the blinky thing.
    My S5200 and S6000fd do, but only on play back when hitting info button; brings exif, histogram and blinkies

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks very much for your answers, folks. I must have been thinking about another camera with the "blinkies". When I was last using the F30, I must have just been setting the exposure compensation down a bit to compensate, because I remember my first attempt at taking photos with the F30 ended up with a great many overexposed bits and I did *something* to make up for that. Now if Fujifilm would just put raw in some of their digicams, it would make this much easier...!

Thanks,
    Lisa