The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

From Latvia With Love (LX3)

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
So I'm sitting back around 2:00pm. Got home from work early...playing with the G10...great camera....

Knock on the door......UPS truck...hmmm, I didn't order anything.....
give the guy a few bucks tip and wonder whats in the box...it's from
Foto Connection in NY...Hmmmm

I open the box and there's a B'day card from my wife...she's in Latvia visiting her family....and inside the box..under the wrappings..is a New LX3....

Now I ain't one to gossip...and you didn't get this from me but...this is one hell of a camera....I sold my D-Lux3 to my buddy and shipped it yesterday...missed that camera already...not anymore..the LX3 blows that camera away....the lens..is...well...delicious and the screen...well...can't talk sexi here...but it is....all the things I wanted in the D-Lux3 are here...the 2 strap eyelets.....Fast SHARP lens....Grip, front and rear, hot shoe.....it's all here...

I really wanted to test the G10 against the LX3 and now I can/will...but for the moment.....I'm just enjoying the 2 new cameras......as the Leica, it will be my main shooter with the G10 for longer range....
man, what a day...images coming soon....

shooter

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Thanks..all
Gotta tell ya....IQ is beautiful.....very film like.....
I'm doing a mission (Viewing) tomorrow night....I will use it in very low light....process to B&W...then Friday
is the funeral....that'll be mostly color....I will post a link to the images...from both cameras.....

later.....shooter