The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D-LUX 4 at ISO 1600

A

asabet

I'm really pleased with the low light ability of this camera. Here's an in-camera JPEG at ISO 800, f/2.6, 1/50s, 48mm equivalent AOV, resized by Flickr with no postprocessing whatsoever:

Here's the 100% crop of the RAW file processed by Raw Developer with NR disabled but subsequent chroma only NR applied in Noise Ninja:

Here's the in-camera JPEG crop for comparison:

Capture One processed crop, all settings at default:

This shot would have required ISO 1600 or higher with most other compacts.

Joan

That's fantastic, Amin! Raw Developer really makes a difference, doesn't it?

I think this 800 iso is equal to or better than the G10 at 400, (or at least the results I'm seeing from DPP, which I am starting to hate with a passion. Can't wait for a better solution.)

:thumbup:

A

asabet

Thanks Joan. Yes, I'm quite fond of Raw Developer. One of the many good things about the G10 is that you can be sure it will be supported by virtually all of the third party RAW processors!

Joan

Yes, I just have to be patient. One of the things that really bugs me about DPP is the final step of converting to jpeg for Web viewing. Set at only "5" for quality and 1024x768, the files are still 600-900kb! That is nuts.