The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GRD4 Street Images

Thorkil

Don, yes it shouldn't be more than 16Mp, and perhaps its better with fewer and fatter pixels.
Finally sold my Nikon D800E and left the building DSLR wise for good, I think. I have to have a Sigma DP2M I guess, allthough my need is wider, but just to have to have that unique sharpness, and then I'll afterwards go for the GRD 4 or 5, and let my GXR do the wider things when I need that.
Perhaps its about age, being able to quit what one previously had ambitions about, and even longing for the more simple stuff.
Thorkil

Thorkil

Don.....why don't we get some of your anarchistic GRD-shots...we are in our way to considerable risk suffering from abstinences....
:)
Thorkil

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Don.....why don't we get some of your anarchistic GRD-shots...we are in our way to considerable risk suffering from abstinences....
:)
Thorkil
Sir, I thank you. I have been very busy working with LEO getting homeless into shelters to protect them from Sandy. I expect to be back to somewhat normal life shortly and will post shortly also.

Thorkil

Sir, I thank you. I have been very busy working with LEO getting homeless into shelters to protect them from Sandy. I expect to be back to somewhat normal life shortly and will post shortly also.
That’s a very good and very appreciated occupation!!!
Take your time!
I will wait patiently!
Thorkil

Thorkil

Wonderful pictures, Don!
Wasn't aware of the 21 adapter lens! Looks good.
Got a GRD IV black reserved. Sigma Merrills will have to wait.
By the way like your highlights-blown away pictures a lot.
And the buss-stop has something special too.
Thorkil

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Wonderful pictures, Don!
Wasn't aware of the 21 adapter lens! Looks good.
Got a GRD IV black reserved. Sigma Merrills will have to wait.
By the way like your highlights-blown away pictures a lot.
And the buss-stop has something special too.
Thorkil
Thanks,
The adapter is something I ususally would never look at. A few shooters suggested I try it and low and behold, it's very good. It doesn't change anything but focal length. So now ya get a 21mm f1.9.

The photos were all run thru LR4 only. I used some presets I designed and haven't had the need for SEP in a while.
don

Thorkil

:) I need that adapter for going wide enough inside and outside buildings, perhaps not for streets and so
(looking forward to once again having a tiny camara in my pocket..going to collect it right now, guess it reminds a lot of the GXR, just smaller and easier)
Thorkil

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Well the camera with the adapter fits in a coat pocket. Not a hard thing to take.
By the way, most of these with the adapter were made with the camera on a neckstrap and the screen off. I had a delivery of some 16 x 20" prints last Thursday and I mean to tell you.....it's somewhat scary how good the GR glass really is....

The only bad thing I found with the GRD4 and even with the adapter is that.....Mrs Shooter really likes the outfit. She says....it's cute.....

Thorkil

Well the camera with the adapter fits in a coat pocket. Not a hard thing to take.
By the way, most of these with the adapter were made with the camera on a neckstrap and the screen off. I had a delivery of some 16 x 20" prints last Thursday and I mean to tell you.....it's somewhat scary how good the GR glass really is....

The only bad thing I found with the GRD4 and even with the adapter is that.....Mrs Shooter really likes the outfit. She says....it's cute.....
Sounds good (16x20" prints!)
The last sentence: Its not always easy to be democratic :) (but it can be a nice feeling), but on the other hand, theres a good excuse for buying the V'er when it arrives !
Thorkil

Thorkil

GRD IV

iso 3200 1/2sec f1.9 free hand

iso 3200 1/13sec f1.9 free hand

Don, hope you can forgive, this is no streets, this is far from Philadelfia, this is my first GRD IV shots from just an hour ago.
It was actually getting rather dark, around a small hour after sunset. All taken in high contrast and all +2.0EV.
What a lovely little piece that GRD IV is! Thanks for getting it in my hand!
All pictures just JPEG straight out of camera, no pp., just reseizing in C1 6.
I know they are pushed far too far, but that camera sort of keep your smiling playing with it. A very nice and friendly feeling.
Best
Thorkil

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Hey my friend. I didn't do anything. I'm just glad ya got the camera tho'.
Just set it up to Snap 1 meter, shoot M...set ISO to auto...use 5.6 or 8.0, choose the shutter speed ya want and everything will be fine....

if ya need some help on setup I'll be glad to share mine....
please post on this or any threads I post.
Don

Thorkil

Don, I am very obsessed with the ability of this camera has to behave like an M6 with Tri-X film pushed to 3200 or the 6400. And I’m also just for right now totally obsessed by the handshaken blown-away, overlightened pictures it can give me. It’s allmost like being young again, playing in the darkroom, but this time somewhat easier.
This, just while waiting to get myself together to take you to westpart of the “bridge-quarters" surrounding Copenhagen. East-bridge, North-bridge, West-bridge and South-bridge. Apart from the latter, it’s somehow the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Would have liked to take you to the ugly, where the local main street Istedgade was where all the hookers and the junckies used to be, and still are. But its also where you still can feel some of the original city-mood in some of the unpolished working-class areas. We will see.
Thorkil

Thorkil

Coastline towards Sweden.
Out of camera Jpeg, no pp. resized in C1 vs. 6

Iso 3200 1sec.(handheld) f.1.9

Thorkil