The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GRD4 Street Images

Thorkil

:):)...or it might (hopefully) start a trend for handshaken pictures (I'm also grown up too..but try to keep the breath....60 i guess). Several pictures had strangely the same segull hanging over the sea bath.....a handshaken star I found out....
thorkil

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
#3 & 4 are killer images.
You are adjusting to the visual stimulating freedom that the GRD affords. Alas, another camera I can't buy used.....

ps
The last photo is amazing also.

Last edited:

Thorkil

Thank you very much Don! Yes, it just provides a freedom I have never experienced before, I think. And one is so easy and friendly connected with it. (only next week will I hit the streets of Copenhagen, while I have to prepare a (in danish called a round..) Birthday and so).
Thorkil

250swb

Thorkil, this may seem odd but trust me, it's not. This series you have going on reminds me a lot of Harry Callahan's work. Not the Clint guy but the real Callahan. Him and a shooter named Aaron Siskind did similar work like this.. high contrast...snow etc.
Just an observation......
don
LOL! This needs to stop.

Steve

Thorkil

Freedom alas..... I wish Ricoh could update the firmware in my wife's brain.
Don, to feel freedom you also have to feel the opposite. And finally you have found something to argue about, which is important, why else you won’t die from age but from boredom, and that’s by far the most unpleasant way. And finally it’s better to be called back than to be thrown out….
Thorkil

Thorkil

Hi
Sometimes you are getting aware of just being a sort witness in life floating by in its crushing, but even though, soft in its own inevitable way. Can be especially strange while looking over the shoulder.
Well, haven’t really been out for over a hole week or more, while the tiny layer of snow has been the excuse and making this warm-cave-staying-feel growing.
But yesterday the boots was crying, the soles were grumbling that they wanted to feel the snow, and some of the pure one.
And suddenly the sun was starting its annoying disappearance-schedule, so I had to grab that tiny friend (the GRD you know), before the twilight zone would be closing its narrow gab, so just a straight jump in the open boots, feverishly grabbing around in the pocket for the car keys, slamming the door (and off course forgot my readingglasses…).
But while, right now, the snow and wind is howling around the corners, the snow layer is getting thicker and thicker on the up lights, and its getting darker and darker in the room, I just have to prevent a fatal attack of boredom, by uploading something from yesterday, too many and too much, I know, so I have just to ask for forgiveness.
But same sort, totally avoiding post processing, for the time beeing. And therefore it’s just Jpegs to obey my fingertips, pushing in a sort of slurred blindness..
No more words (well….that feeling, I just have to tell, walking while the twilight and darkness softly surround you, feeling and hearing the snow under the soles, in a sort of total loneliness, while the frozen fogs arises around you from the snow, only distracted from shadows and the sound from a pair of deer’s between the trees, when they are jumping those funny parallel jumps just some 5-10 meter away from you, in the total darkness, (that’s why they have those big eyes I guess))
First 1/200-1/20, rest 1 sec. “genuine handshaken”.
All 3200 iso.

Thorkil

Last edited:

Thorkil

Thanks Don. Yes snow is at its best when left alone out in the landscape, where it belongs :)
Thorkil
(PS. you seems to be doing very well with a Fuji X10 too...and from your latest goodies, I specially likes the woman-legs(some elegant movements!, light and cutting! special!), the statue(!), the train-man(one can feel how he feels), the phone-woman, the oh-my-wife-is-calling-me-again-one and the stairs.......)

Last edited:

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Thanks.... The X10 is an interesting camera. The main issue I have is the files but shooting Jpeg at M size with a DR400 gives amazing results. Even at ISO 3200, there's almost no noise and what little there is...is fine. It won't replace my GRD4 but it surely will get along with it.

Raw is still not a viable option....

Thorkil

Okay...DR400??
The GRD4 will be my companion for a longer period I guess. Have to explore it and be patient. It makes me do things I've never done digital before. But normal and streets have to be investigated too.
Thorkil